Recommendations for green house grow.

Chopperthedog

Hi Everyone, this year I’m thinking about doing my first outside green house grow. 
I have only ever grown in tents with lights before so I have a couple of questions. 

Seeds

Can I please get a couple of recommendations for seeds please, I live in the south east UK. 
The green house is about 7-8 ft high at the top of the apex. 
preferably something not too smelly, the neighbours are always blazing away in their garden so probably wouldn’t notice anyway but obviously I’d rather they didn’t know. 
High yielding would be nice. 

Should I use auto flowering?

Ive never tried autos before. 

When would you put them out if using autos?

when would you put them out if using normal seeds?

Spiders

There is a couple of big spiders in there, one of them I’m sure is a false widow. 
I was going to clear all the spiders out but then thought maybe I should leave them as they might kill any insects so your thoughts on that would be much appreciated. 

If I only get one bit of feedback from all that then I would love a recommendation on the strain. 

Thanks a lot guys 

• Like 1

Your best bet is fast versions or semi auto strain's, full auto's can have food results but they're (generally) less forgiving in my experience. Its still good to have a few for a bit of early smoke, but don't rely on them. For seeds you have a few good options the site sponsor real gorilla seeds have some amazing outdoor strains so thats a good place to start. Have a look at old threads accross the whole outdoor section and you'll soon see what kind of thing works best and learn all you need to know about how and when.  One thing with a greenhouse/tunnel that isn't ideal is their tendency to get very humid. You'll want to get strains that are particularly hardy against moulds, monitor your humidity with a hygrometer (with min and max memory) and plan to have some sort of ventilation/dehumidifier. The good news is most mould doesn't like living above about 32* so if it stays warm and you crop early enough it will be less of an issue. Leave the spiders, they won't do any harm. People tend to agree the end of April beginning of may onwards for cracking beans. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

@Chopperthedog have a look at https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/

i usually start autos indoors the  last week of april under a cfl light for 10 days or so then put them into final pots/ground outdoors.

auto gorilla from dinafem seem pretty hardy for me. i nearly binned this one as it was a runt,i put it in the ground with some chicken pellets, watered in and left it to it.

large_111.jpg

large.5f5e08ef1712c_autogor7thaug.jpg

large.5f5e09011ccbf_autogor7thaug..jpg

have a good look around and have a read of some diarys on here atb mate

• Like 7

On 28/02/2021 at 9:53 PM, MindSoup said:

Your best bet is fast versions or semi auto strain's, full auto's can have food results but they're (generally) less forgiving in my experience. Its still good to have a few for a bit of early smoke, but don't rely on them. For seeds you have a few good options the site sponsor real gorilla seeds have some amazing outdoor strains so thats a good place to start. Have a look at old threads accross the whole outdoor section and you'll soon see what kind of thing works best and learn all you need to know about how and when.  One thing with a greenhouse/tunnel that isn't ideal is their tendency to get very humid. You'll want to get strains that are particularly hardy against moulds, monitor your humidity with a hygrometer (with min and max memory) and plan to have some sort of ventilation/dehumidifier. The good news is most mould doesn't like living above about 32* so if it stays warm and you crop early enough it will be less of an issue. Leave the spiders, they won't do any harm. People tend to agree the end of April beginning of may onwards for cracking beans. 

Legend

• 3 weeks later...

Odour control - put Lavender plants in the greenhouse, have a Neutradol or two ready.

Bubblicious - Nirvana is a low odour auto strain. Has a man cola like a Lucozade bottle with 2 smaller cola's. Grow height under 1 metre. Royal Jack isn't bad either (Royal Queen Seeds) - lowish yield though.

Also heard good things about low odour from....Auto #1 - Autoseeds

You might want to try 3 or 4 strains and be willing to destroy the smelly ones. Heartbreak I know, but my neighbours have a patio seating area 10ft from my g/house.

Pest control I use the  ....  Yellow Sticky Glue paper Insect Trap Catcher Killer Fly Aphids Wasp New

I live UK centrally. Start mine off in early May, harvest late August..... They want that sunlight!

You might want to consider shading paint to hide your plants.

GL

2 hours ago, Machiavellian said:

Bubblicious - Nirvana is a low odour auto strain. Has a man cola like a Lucozade bottle with 2 smaller cola's. Grow height under 1 metre. Royal Jack isn't bad either (Royal Queen Seeds) - lowish yield though.

I grew an Auto Bubbleicious last summer, was well over a meter, and according to non smokers in the household it absolutely stank lol. It was less stinky than most though. It did end up a lovely smoke and a decent yield, bubblegum is a favourite of mine, but it still got the mould that autos seem to be so prone too.

If you want a few autos have a look for Soviet Finland Seeds, they breed theirs specific for outdoors, they stay very small but that's great for stealth. But in reality you'll find photos/FV/semis much more forgiving, robust and reliable. 

+1 on the sticky traps, they're really useful for catching infestation early. Bugs will love the greenhouse climate so be ready to deal with them, look into predator mites etc, you can release them as a preventive or when there is an outbreak. Don't use any pesticides cos you kill all the good critters as well as the bad, and then you'll have no one on your side. 

Not actually tried it, but if I ran a greenhouse/poly tunnel I'd have extractor fans and carbon filters, would help with smell and humidity. For a few hundred quid (way less than the value of your first harvest) you could be smell free and have a lot more options for strains. Also worth considering light deprivation if your greenhouse is out of sight, covering the greenhouse to shorten the days and trigger early flowering, with a combo of the 2 ideas you could be growing more or less whatever you wanted. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Hi Mate - I don't deny your experience...... however this is my strain review 2018.... I have others, ignore dry weights.

Strain - Auto Bubblelicious - Nirvana Seeds

Planted - May 20th 2018

Harvested - 22 August.

Latitude - 53

Location - greenhouse

Care - Miracle Grow compost & perlite, weak tomato feeds and/or weak bloom feed

Mould - 0 % 

Grow again - Yes

Dry weight - mason jar full << correction

Smoke - TBA

Additional: Security is number #1 with me.

Perfect greenhouse grow, I have been looking for the one and this could be it. This is a small (approx 55cm). Grew one main bud which is the size of a lucozade bottle with 2 buds lower down. Smell is ZERO, really, put your nose up to it close and all you get is a mild bubblegum flavour!!! Wow, what a plant, if she smokes or even better dabs well that's all she wrote folks. Advertised as THC med - CBD high.

nb. It has been a great and dry summer in England and this may have affected the mould percentages this year.

I have removed the weighted bit because I was a dunce.  Don't know if later batches are worse but that was my view then. I have also pulled up other plants, if I can smell plant 1 yard from the door I pull them or get out the nutradol... But then.... Lavender is awesome..... I had it in the car and I could barely breathe for the perfume of it bringing it from the garden centre.

I did cross Micron Auto Tao male with a Bubblelicous and that had to be pulled.

GL

Yeah tbh I thought it was quite low smell, and not the full on skunk/dank most people associate with weed, maybe they where just working themselves up. But pretty much any plant on a hot still day will smell pretty strong to a non smoker.

I actually picked AB from your post on the strain thread, nice one. 

• Like 1