Topping in 3rd week of flower?

Prophet

So I'm doing a Cream Mandarin F1 (photo) and I'm currently almost at the 3rd week of flower. I'm very limited for headroom and i can see im going to have issues. I KNEW i should have topped like i always do....

The question is, is it ok to top now? Or will something terrible happen :)

Thanks chaps

• Like 1

Super crop instead

It's not like you can't top now, the plant will recover. It's just spe t a lot of energy creating bud sites there. 

The plant will still realign and send energy to the new highest parts. Your just loosing the main that has already had a lot of effort put in to it. 

If you squeeze the stem, bend it a bit and tie it down you don't lose the bud sites

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 5

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

Super crop instead

What he said. Just crop the shit out of them, with curves if you must.

Your plants should have all budding sites established by now. They will not build any new and the ones that are left can not make up for that loss.

• Like 4

I also agree that any form of LST is the best option.

A plant can be topped in the 3rd week of 12/12 but the decision would have to be based on the development status of the plant/branches. Usually it's not advised at all, but each case has its own characteristics.

Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 3