Oil and Asthma

TonyCheshire

Not oil but bud.

Sick Med Bizarre, LVPK (Las Vegas Purple Kush) and crosses of LVPK.

LVPK is only in cut form and it's probably not very common in the UK. Bizarre can be grown from seed if you can get your hands on some (I stashed a pack for myself about 2 years ago).

These strains are VERY different from other cannabis strains. If you haven't tried them then you wouldn't understand just how special they are for Asthma sufferers. A drag of bizzare was like hitting an asthma inhaler, but better. You could feel your lungs opening up instead of contracting.
I've never tried making oil from these strains, perhaps it would have a similar effect but usually oil does the opposite to me.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Lots of experiance with oil, had asthma as long as I can remember.

I don't think any strains I have help my asthma any, they don't make it worse either.

• Like 2

@Hugh Jass Try Bizarre, honestly you will be shocked. I'm not the only person to experience the effect from it either. It was my mate with Asthma that first put me on to it. It's unlike 99.9% of the weed out there. LVPK has a similar effect too, but to a lesser extent. Probably a nicer all around smoke though.
Like you say though, every other strain I have had has not helped my asthma at all. Those two are definitely worth trying though. I have a pack of Bizarre in my fridge for this very reason. Should get round to cracking a seed or two really...

• Like 1

Bizarre sounds amazeballs!!  Anyone know if it can be oil, tincture or like an edible?  I say this as post Covid I can’t now tolerate vaping. 

cheers all for replies 

For me the effect with Bizarre was immediate on the inhale. It was similar to using an inhaler. Immediate short term relief where it opened up my chest. I'm not sure that effect would carry over to edibles. It might carry over to oil, but I always find that harser on my chest normally. Worth a try though I guess.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

.It might carry over to oil, but I always find that harser on my chest normally

interesting that you find oil harsher on your chest. I’ve never noticed a a difference. But as I said post Covid and vape is totally different. It’s like I’m 15 and its my first Benson and Hedges. 

When you say oil, perhaps we are talking about different things? I'm talking about dabing. Tbh I don't really make oil any more in favour of rosin. Similar enough. Lovely, but very strong and very harsh for me.

• Like 2

On 20/02/2021 at 5:02 PM, SkyRider said:

These strains are VERY different from other cannabis strains. If you haven't tried them then you wouldn't understand just how special they are for Asthma sufferers.

that's some claim mate

• Like 1

I guess looking at your post, you're talking about some sort of oil you don't smoke like RSO. I don't think this effect would carry over to that at all sadly. Perhaps it would, I've never tried. But I'm guessing there's a combination of cannabinoids and terepenes that combine to create this effect, otherwise it would be more common. So I think anything other than smoking the bud would probably not work sadly.

• Like 1

@ratdog Bizarre was the strain that convinced me medical cannabis isn't just a reason people use to get stoned. I'm not saying it has any long term benefits for you, but in the short term you can immediately feel it opening up your chest. I wouldn't advice it over an inhaler if you're having an Asthma attack, that's silly, but if you enjoy smoking and struggle with Asthma then it is a strain that doesn't constrict your chest when smoking, it does the opposite. That and LVPK are the only two of hundreds of strains I've tried that do that. My mate kept his LVPK cut for years for that reason. My asthma isn't that bad any more so it's not much of an issue for me now. Still might pop a few seeds for fun though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

Thanks Skyhigh, yes I was meaning like RSO type stuff when I said oil. But I am absolutely intrigued whether this would work in a non smoking kinda way, like in an edible or a tincture or an oil or somthing I didn’t have to smoke - intrigued.com.

1 hour ago, SkyRider said:

but if you enjoy smoking and struggle with Asthma then it is a strain that doesn't constrict your chest when smoking

so it affects everyone the same?

• Like 1

@ratdog I can't say I've done a large survey on it lol If you have Asthma (do you?) then give a couple seeds a shot and see what you think yourself. I'd be interested to know too :)
I'm not promising it's going to knock your socks off in terms of potency, but the effect on my chest was extremely noticeable and consistent. It wasn't a vague thing like how if you squint your eyes and stand on one leg like this strain tastes like cherry pie, or apple crumble or any of that BS. You could put that strain amongst a hundred others and I could pick it out. LVPK was less noticeable in it's effect. You could feel it, sort of, and it certainly didn't constrict your chest like others strains can, but it wasn't on the same level as Bizarre.
Not sure how many seeds you'd have to grow out to find that pheno (or how consistent that is across the phenos) but it's worth popping a few just to see.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

I can't say I've done a large survey on it lol If you have Asthma (do you?) then give a couple seeds a shot and see what you think yourself. I'd be interested to know too

i didn't think so lol

yes i do but smoking doesn't make it any worse, no weed makes me have an attack, pollution or cold air, for sure, never in 30 years with weed , but i certainly won't be smoking a joint during an attack or even just tight chested. all weed is fine with me, same with most things, it just helps in general most of the time.

that said, lot 5 evo gave me a bit of anxiety one night lol

Edited by ratdog