DIY Intake Vent & Light Baffle

bumpkinbwoy

OK, I built the underfloor vent/baffle for my veg room HERE

And didnt take many pics.

So, now that its time to make the Flower Room, the first thing to do is make vent/baffle.

Here's what I had to start with:

post-8552-1117745252.jpg

Then I cut some lengths of wood that reached about 20cm short of the front of the box.

ALA:

post-8552-1117745379.jpg

Screwed them down, and got the blackboard paint out.

Painting everything up to the level of the wood, but not the tops, they will be covered, so no need to waste paint.

post-8552-1117745498.jpg

I then cut a piece of board about 20 cm short of the BACK (rails should have been to the back too! :smoke:

Painted the bottom of it, and screwed that down.

post-8552-1117745662.jpg

Time for the second layer of rails. Ive arranged these different to the rails below, to help spread the weight of the plants when they eventually get in here. And to create a barrier that the light cannot penetrate (with luck :smoke: !)

I went through a few options but ended up here:

post-8552-1117745842.jpg

Notice the mandatory cup of tea lol

And then, an other sheet of board was cut, but 20cm short of the front of the box (this time!) the bottom painted black again, and fixed into place.

Its easier to see:

post-8552-1117746128.jpg

Ive sealed round the edges with some silver ducting tape...£3.00 fora whole 25Meters...tis great stuff....if ur building yer grow room, it will save u bags of time, and mess.

post-8552-1117746410.jpg

So there we have it, the vent is done, and drying. Ive built a frame to put the doors in, and boxed in the top of the box....but thats for another thread....This one

Very nice, a good use of space, sacrificing height for width/depth. :unsure: I guess that kinda makes stealth a bit suss though, but hopefully you don't have too many nosey bastards in there!

I've just finished my baffle on a door this weekend - I hadn't thought beforehand about this and it's hard work! However, I'm now thinking about a further upgrade and fitting 4-6 PC fans inside 'cos my passive intake aint no where near large enough!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments Mrrichiet

Im about the only person that uses this room. Its the first room Ive built, and depending on my next site....it does seem alot easier (if more expensive) to use an active intake.

However, I seem to be getting good airflow thru both boxes - As my plants are looking healthy, and no sign of CO2 shortage :)

My extraction fan is running on the lowest of its two settings, and once the plants are moved into the flowerroom then I will turn the fan onto its highest setting - this should definatley increase the air flow.

PC fans are a good idea, but with 4+ running - that would create a whole lotta hum?

Some :) baffles/intakes are hard work, but they're one of the most importnant things to get right. IMO.

Hope your baffles etc are going well, and good luck with yer grow!

• 1 month later...