Light power settings

mysticriver

Hi, this is a question for my next grow. Can anyone tell me the recommended power settings and height maybe for my light at the different stages of growth namely seedlings, vegative and flowering. Well I know the setting for flowering is 100%. I am in late veg with my girls but I had the light way too powerful at the start as I didn't understand that the light doesn't need to be right on top of the plants from the beginning - I sent my girls a pale light green colour - I had the light at 100% and at 5-600mm right at the start. They're ok now. So what power setting for my light at seedling and when do I turn it up? My grow tent is 1200mm Sq and my light is a Maxibright Daylight 480W Pro. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

A cheap T5 for yer lickle babies preferably. These LEDs are quite the bastard to get right in my experience. But I always use the 2x tube T5 for seedlings. The one time I used an led board I frazzled them.

yes i nearly did frazzle mine. my light has 25, 50, 75 and 100% power knob

id imagine it being 25% for seedlings then. when would you recommend turning it up and to where. i’ve heard that i should be aiming at going to 75% around week 5 veg, but i’m unsure of the regime before that ie when is a seedling no longer a seedling. and yes mate these LED’s are strong for seedling and i know what your saying about T5 but this grow keeps costing and costing and a T5 is something else to get when i already have spent enough and have plans for more even so i need to keep a reign on things.

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

A cheap T5 for yer lickle babies preferably. These LEDs are quite the bastard to get right in my experience. But I always use the 2x tube T5 for seedlings. The one time I used an led board I frazzled them.

hi mate i’ve just had a quick look at T5’s there not that expensive i guess. what size T5 would i need for 8 plants in 16L grow bags (i’m not repotting as they will be 9 week auto’s)

Hi @mysticriver I think your space might be 1m 200 mm sq, so for seedlings get yourself a T5 either 2x55  Or 4x55w, about 50 cm

away they dont give off much heat but will need a little extraction but no5 filter as they are in veg (may smell a bit) You can count on spending between 50 & 100 on the T5, as soon as they start to flower get a 600 HPS  good fan  the best filter you can afford & away you go. 

Your light is the same as the lumatek zeus pro, its a very good light from what I have seen, maybe a bit overkill for your space but when is that a bad thing!

On 18/02/2021 at 7:07 PM, triffed said:

as soon as they start to flower get a 600 HPS

What should he do with his 465pro? 

I'd try using that myself 

Edited by KC
480 not 465 sorry

On 21/02/2021 at 11:06 PM, EM Punk said:

Your light is the same as the lumatek zeus pro, its a very good light from what I have seen, maybe a bit overkill for your space but when is that a bad thing!

Getting one for my next grow and side-by-side they will hang (465W Pro)

I dont think its overkill in a 1.2m Sq. Thats the area it was designed for, same as the Zeus 465P. I would say the 600W Maxibrights and Lumatek Pro's are overkill in a 1.2. They're designed for a 1.5m Sq. area.

Plus Ive got CO2 supplementing going on just lately.

Edited by mysticriver