Getting some advice before I start

EmmaSalmon66

Good afternoon all

Im near S Coast UK and last year had my first grow. 4 outdoor plants, which grew nicely next to the wall by my house, and 2 in a polycarbon potting up shed, which wasnt ideal, but due to issues, it was all I could do as they had to be moved quickly. 

Inside I had Royal Queen stress killer auto and DNA Sorbet dream
Outdoors I had a mystery plant,  Money maker, Ace CBD, OG CBD and Dinafem CBD (which got bitten in half by a snail and then was stuck back into the soil and grew anyway) The last 3 were started much later in the season so were quite little, especially the snailed one. The biggest outdoor MM grew to about 1.5m. 

Due to logistics and stealth (though lockdown helped) I cant choose the ideal spots, such as south facing / no shade, but I did OK in what I did for a first attempt and am looking forward to this year and learnt some stuff on the way.

The auto grew very fast and then I noticed mold, so cut the plant down and rescued what I could. The small greenhouse/potting shed thing it was in did not have the air flow it needed and it had not been trained in any way, so it got bushy. After that I did some training on the SD as it would have gone out the roof, so I had watched a tuition by a guy who took back lots of the leaf growth and did quite aggressive tying down, and I did this so that its branches were spread around through the space and nothing was touching the roof/walls to get damp from condensation. 

The Sorbet Dream produced about 45 gms and the money maker about 30 gms once they had been dried and cured. I have no idea if this is good or bad. Ive made some incredible cannabutter from just the trim and small leaves from all of them, which has quite a nice poke but nothing near any paranoia, which is good as thats what made me give it up back when I gave it up. Im interested in medicinal benefits - I have several conditions which are auto immune/inflammatory, and using the edibles has helped. I also now have, thanks to my GP, a Cancard.

This year I have access to a big professional polytunnel. Its 18ft x 54 ft and 3.8 m high. It has double doors each end and we have big big pots available. Im only looking at growing 6 plants in there, in the centre section so they have full height, but also so there is not issues with them growing and touching the poly and getting wet. Im not really sure what Im putting in there yet. I wasnt sure if I would be able to get 2 grows out of the tunnel if I used autoflowers, or if thats just wishful thinking - Im not sure how early I can start. I will most likely grow 3 or so at home again, although last year I got away without visitors due to lockdown, which certainly helped!

so Im guessing Im asking for some advice. I will germinate at home - that seemed to go OK 

Im probably a little unsure about starting times. And maybe suggestions for what to try

Edited by EmmaSalmon66
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Greetings @EmmaSalmon66, are you still in need of advice? Auto's should be germed late April for optimal results, a friend of mine on here says germ 51 days before summer solstice (this year Monday 21st June) :yep:

Hope you have made good choices, most of the time my choices are chancers, i guess i'll try any auto in the garden i love the sound of, but auto White Widow was my best so far for general taste and bulk, auto Stardawg was my best for yield, and i had a auto Chocolope (Chocolate Thai) which was a very small yeild but the taste will never be beat, ever ever! This year iv got 8 varieties to try.

Blessed of luck to you :bong:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good man, nice to hear you've got a polytunnel up. Will most likley have ventilation problems if you dont have the doors open obviously but you'll be good im sure you'll spread them out anyways... Saying this because there isn't hatches/litte windows on the roof & vents on the walls like you have in most greennhouses... With this being said you can roll the sides up, you know this shit anyways. Im doing autos this year, I'm definetly not going to be putting them out till start of June & starting them first week of May. Good luck man!

Edited by Funk P