NFT how often to run pump

Dapex

Hi... I am a new grower and my local shop swears by NFT so i bought the GT424 setup... However they told me to start of running the pump for 15mins twice a day... then when the roots are bigger to run the pump for 15 mins every two hours.... BUT Nutrient solutions * who make the system) on all their videos say the pump is always running...

So what would you all suggest ???

Cheers

NFT pumps are only designed to be run continiously, never heard of anyone running the pumps on anything less and iv been using nft for years and years. Ignore what hydro matey said. Some shops are useless for growing advice

My best tips for nft is check pumps regularly for flow as they do get clogged up every now and then. Also change out the tanks with completely fresh feed atleast once every 2 weeks to avoid build up of heavy minerals/nutes. It's a pretty easy and straight forward system I love mine. Lowish matainance and low waste at the end of the crop makes for easy clean up and yeilds are amazing

• Like 3