Drippers vs Watering rings

sweettooth

Im getting a Medusa dripper upgrade kit for my system. Currently have 8 x IWS trays attached to IWS RTW brain (hand watering) and squeezing in some of the Medusa standard size trays to fit 12 in a new tent. The dripper kit comes with 2 stakes per pot (Ill be using 12L fabric pots).

After some advice before I click "BUY NOW"..... Is it better to run dripper stakes or watering rings? Also for the run off I want, anyone currently run a similar system and can advise on the timings so Im not over or under watering. i know Ill jut have to suck and see to be honest but interested in what others are doing and if rings are better than drippers. The drippers they come with are Antelco Asta Arrows 

Thanks

Personally rings, it fits my poor man's OCD, a stake in Coco would provide one spot where feed leaches from, a ring gives more even distribution

I've never used rings but guess thats down to preference. Both methods get the solution to where its needed and there probably isnt a lot between them, particularly if you have more than one stake per pot.

If the kit comes drippers I would say that the decision has been made for you, you can always try rings after giving stakes a go and you'll then have something to compare them to.

Speaking of preferences I've recently made the switch from shrubblers set to a slow drip to blue wilma stakes and I'm very happy with them, I definitely prefer the blues.... having said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the others, I just like the shorter feed times as its easier to monitor.

ive built some different diameter watering rings from 4-6mm pipe. it was a bit fiddly and longer time to build BUT, its worth it cos as the plant grows I can increase the diameter, eventually to the full diameter of the fabric pot, and make the roots chase the water. I have 3 rings per pot 1 just outside the seedling at the centre the next halfway to the max and the last round the fullest diameter of the pot.

they can be turned on and off with a shut-off valve per ring.

Edited by mysticriver