Guerrilla boots

Slippy One

17 hours ago, Xx-Danjaman-xX said:

Berghaus hillwalkers with memory foam inserts . I love a good trek looking for great spots. Best of luck on finding a zone m8.

I have a pair of the supalite . New , they're terribly stiff and will probably cause discomfort if not worn for a few half hours at a  time to break them in . They're great for work , a bit too tough to feel finicky controls like brakes . Hi-tec have boots that are a near knock off of the supalite , much better value , a tad softer . They're lighter than most so ive had a few pairs .

Light running shoes are the easiest for tip toeing and not flattening vegetation .

• Like 3

I’m beginning to think my sore feet and gammy knee are the direct result of cheap footwear. Last pair were £40, but we spend hours on our feet, often Guerrillaing all day, I’ve clocked up crazy steps on the health apps. Lowa I will investigate, as they look like the kind of boots that will outlast me. :yep: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

What's the beef with boots? You been kicked around much?

You misunderstood me I fear. No beef with the boots at all(apart from the fact they don't make them in baby foot size 6). Probably missed off a smiley. Anyway, I've grown outdoors in the garden but never gorilla. It's interesting to read about the importance of good boots, I never considered the point @Dr Krepituz made about not wanting to turn an ankle in the middle of nowhere.

Sounds like I'm missing out on a lot of fun that isn't even part of the growing, rummaging through the undergrowth:)

• Like 3

Unsure about trekking boots but when it comes to wellies the skellerup quatro are a serious pair of boots, anyone able to recommend a decent pair of waders? Going deep in the drinker this year

• Like 1

There's so many boots to chose from, I've seen some Lowa boots close to my budget, thanks for that @Ch@ppers. If they can do the rugged Bhutan terrain and muddy fields, that's good enough endorsement for me. :yep:

Good shoes will actually motivate me to wear them more, therefore get out more, which might increase yield, and keep me fit, so hopefully a good investment, . @monkeypig, give it a go, keep the backyard clean and put the real numbers out in the countryside, outdoor grown is special, just get some decent boots.  :yep: :D

11 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Good shoes

Lowa, the ones I got are £130-£150 depending on the size but I had them off eBay , new with tags but no box for £45, lucky 

Best boots iv owned, so soft and light but hard wearing and waterproof so great for GGing

• Like 1

Using my working boots this year they look like a trekking boot but with a steel toe cap made by site got em from screwfix under £40.

They might be a bit heavy but i walk round in them 10 hours a day in work and are really comfortable.

My best buy was a pair of green wellies cost me a tenner i can't get to one of my plots without them.

• Like 4

Check out Muck boots I have a pair of there Wetlands been wearing them for bout 10 years light weight water proof and comfortable

• Like 1

I'm using Haix work boots, with safety toe cap and a sheet of steel for puncture proof, from the like of nails sticking up. 4 x layers of goretex, they keep you warm and dry.

• Like 2

Regenlaarzen groen lang

Spro PVC Waadpak | Maat 42

at the second hand shop.....in g grow noting is sure.....so always lowbudget......im mostly in kinda wetlands...and though water...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

On 15/02/2021 at 9:41 AM, murphyblue said:

Using my working boots this year they look like a trekking boot but with a steel toe cap made by site got em from screwfix under £40.

They might be a bit heavy but i walk round in them 10 hours a day in work and are really comfortable.

My best buy was a pair of green wellies cost me a tenner i can't get to one of my plots without them.

Shout out to the builder boot gang just were my work gear i can say im doing a reckie before starting work in the area

• 1 month later...

Bit of a older post but, I have a pair of le chameau wellies which are quality bit expensive but a all year round wellie, another alternative is my work wellies, BuckBootz these are comfy as oat but you will get a bit hot in the spring / summer but have steel midsoles and toes plus are thermally insulated and the rubber coating is thick, great for the brambles.

alternativly you could look at the Buckler Buckshot 2s own these as well and are MINT but they are a boot not a wellington, with superb ankle support and all round quality work boot. 

Edited by BobTheDaabber