On biobizz all mix it states to mix with warm water and sit in a warm dark spot for 3 days to allow the microbes etc to activate. How much water am I supposed to mix in with the soil.? What consistency does it need to be, and what temperature is ideal.? Thanks for the help. :)

Did you really put 80% of your postcode as your username?...

for the water it should be enough to hydrate it without excessive amounts of water dripping out if you were to squeeze a handful of it , I've never left it to sit like that for a few days but I'd of guessed just to go for the same tempratures you're planning to grow at 

23 minutes ago, Nongshim said:

Did you really put 80% of your postcode as your username?...

for the water it should be enough to hydrate it without excessive amounts of water dripping out if you were to squeeze a handful of it , I've never left it to sit like that for a few days but I'd of guessed just to go for the same tempratures you're planning to grow at 

Hi thanks for the reply. That's not my postcode haha. I see, thanks for the info

What size pots are you using? If large pots may not want to drench too much as it will take a while before the roots reach bottom and the water will sit there. And the bottom will keep getting watered when you top water anyway. 

6 hours ago, TW196 said:

On biobizz all mix it states to mix with warm water and sit in a warm dark spot for 3 days to allow the microbes etc to activate. How much water am I supposed to mix in with the soil.? What consistency does it need to be, and what temperature is ideal.? Thanks for the help. :)

I would amend with some ecothrive charge, reasonably priced but really goes a long way imo 

250-500ML per 50L of soil 

Edited by grower951
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

What size pots are you using? If large pots may not want to drench too much as it will take a while before the roots reach bottom and the water will sit there. And the bottom will keep getting watered when you top water anyway. 

Gonna go with 12ltr fabric pots. Yeah thought that, I intend to add more perlite to the mix to help the air circulation. Thanks for the input man

5 minutes ago, grower951 said:

I would amend with some ecothrive charge, reasonably priced but really goes a long way imo 

250-500ML per 50L of soil 

I have bought root juice. Would this be okay to add in with the mix when I dampen the soil? or will this damage the seedling. I intend to use all Mix mostly for the majority and add light mix just for the space of the seedling to see it through till flower.

Thanks for the input. 

1 minute ago, TW196 said:

I have bought root juice. Would this be okay to add in with the mix when I dampen the soil? or will this damage the seedling. I intend to use all Mix mostly for the majority and add light mix just for the space of the seedling to see it through till flower.

Thanks for the input. 

I used to use root juice years ago, you don’t need to add it to the soil, only when you feed, read the stated dose and start with half, what other lotion and potions have you got?

You really don’t need much, a simple grow and bloom nutrient is usually suffice, start a diary and note everything you’re doing and someone with experience can chime in :) 

4 minutes ago, grower951 said:

I used to use root juice years ago, you don’t need to add it to the soil, only when you feed, read the stated dose and start with half, what other lotion and potions have you got?

You really don’t need much, a simple grow and bloom nutrient is usually suffice, start a diary and note everything you’re doing and someone with experience can chime in :) 

Ah okay tbh never seen anyone say about pre adding nutes before planting but thought it could help. Yh iv heard with autos they arnt as nutrient dependant, although iv still bought the grow, bloom and top max, also the root juice and bio heaven. Haha, Probably gone a bit overboard, but think I'm gonna do some Photoperiods at some Point. Yh gonna do a diary. Cheers Man

2 minutes ago, TW196 said:

Ah okay tbh never seen anyone say about pre adding nutes before planting but thought it could help. Yh iv heard with autos they arnt as nutrient dependant, although iv still bought the grow, bloom and top max, also the root juice and bio heaven. Haha, Probably gone a bit overboard, but think I'm gonna do some Photoperiods at some Point. Yh gonna do a diary. Cheers Man

Definitely gone over board! If you want my honest advice take away the top max and bio heaven, If you do decide to use them, use them at 1/4 strength, from what I’ve read top max can leave a nasty taste in the buds, that would depend on how much you use however. 

What autos are you going/gone for?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grower951 said:

Definitely gone over board! If you want my honest advice take away the top max and bio heaven, If you do decide to use them, use them at 1/4 strength, from what I’ve read top max can leave a nasty taste in the buds, that would depend on how much you use however. 

Second this, I'm on my 4th auto run now using grow&bloom! I've used rootjuice for their first feed on a couple occasions but haven't noticed any drop off without, I will say I'm still new and haven't nailed the feeding by any means yet. I've always soaked with warm water and left n the tent for a couple days before/while beans germ. I've no idea how much good it does tho :bangin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grower951 said:

Thought so lol. Ah right okay, interesting. Thanks. Iv got royal dwarf autos off royal queen. Also got some super skunk, Northern lights, Mandarin Punch and amnesia off sensi seeds. All of the plants are going to be independent grows (I know this is illogical but it's the way iv had to set it up). 

1 hour ago, Flavoured_ said:

Second this, I'm on my 4th auto run now using grow&bloom! I've used rootjuice for their first feed on a couple occasions but haven't noticed any drop off without, I will say I'm still new and haven't nailed the feeding by any means yet. I've always soaked with warm water and left n the tent for a couple days before/while beans germ. I've no idea how much good it does tho :bangin:

Interesting. Thanks for the input

43 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I’ve used bioheaven and still have some here. It’s npk content is negligible so safe to use. It contains some benefits - namely amino acids helping nutrient uptake. Which always helps new or shit growers (I include myself in this). I noticed healthier looking plants when I’ve used it. If you’ve got yer technique dialled in and you’re a dab hand then it’s probably not necessary. It won’t improve yield in any way but the amino’s and micro-nutrients will help you along. It’s also quite pricey so I wouldn’t let it go to waste. 

However I have heard topmax can affect taste on your finished product so I did ditch that early on. 

Generally just grow and bloom is enough though. 

Good luck with yer grow bud :yep:

Depsite reading autos are not as dependent on the nutrients I still went for the bio heaven as people were raving about it even with autos. Going to do some Photos anyway, so no harm. Strange about the top max affecting the buds? Do you know why? Like you said is it okay to use it but quit the top max earlier on rather than later to spare the buds of any effect? Thanks Bro. 

5 minutes ago, TW196 said:

Thought so lol. Ah right okay, interesting. Thanks. Iv got royal dwarf autos off royal queen. Also got some super skunk, Northern lights, Mandarin Punch and amnesia off sensi seeds. All of the plants are going to be independent grows (I know this is illogical but it's the way iv had to set it up). 

Good luck with it, get a diary up and you’ll receive all the help