Saving time and sanity ( hopefully)

tescoturnip

I'm sure this has been posted half a hundred times but scrolling though pages can't find to much to thought I just ask for what advice I can get. 

Have dried in the past hanging branches on string and has worked well. But interested in getting a bowl trimmer as the amount of time spent trimming needs to be cut down! Due to covid last year with nothing else to do had plenty of time on my hands, but this is not the case all the time with other work commitments need to speed up the trimming process.  

Just wondering how to go about drying racks, how to prevent flat buds and how often do herbs need turning when using them?

Any good tips or things to avoid when using?

Or does anyone use any other methods once bud no longer have stalks to hang from?

Think i can keep temps down aslong as there's not a heatwave outside to keep it slow dried but understand may cut a few days off the drying time not attached to branches.

Only GG so not urgent but want to get ahead of the schedule and be prepared. Any advice much appreciated :yinyang:

Ive used a bowl trimmer. DO NOT USE ON DRY BUD!!!!

I ended up with about 8ozs of ground up weed. It did make a huge amount of shatter though.

Bowl trimmers are only good for wet weed although I haven't dared try it out.

I am interested in the Triminator though for dry weed

Drying wise, I hand mine for 10 days and then take the buds off the stalk and move to one of those large herb drying racks, doesn't flatten them out too much - the buds need to be at least 70% dry otherwise they can go flat

I feel for you as I now have 12 at a time. I used to bring it downstairs and sit in front of the TV with a box and trim my way through but it stinks the house out and the lounge is right by the front door. Now i sit up in the loft like a hobbit breaking my back. I need a small Chinese labourer lol

I am interested in these - https://tomstumbletrimmer.com/

Ive found the parts to make it myself and will give it a go

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 4

I have a spin pro. As said, for wet only.

I think it's v effective but I only use it for the lower pop corn buds, not the primo.

I tend to minimise trim for the top buds cutting fans only and then dry for 14 days as slow as possible (16c at 60 Deg humidity).

But lower stuff into the spin pro. Saves hours.... This stuff gets dried on one of those nets which does slightly flatten the bud but who cares. I process this lot to concentrate or bubble anyways... 

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling
  • Like 2

Yes thanks was ideally looking to mainly wet trim on site with spin Pro style trimmer, would be able to rotate drying racks regularly whether that would help with reducing flat buds and still trim any large top nugs. 

Just plants like one below - full on nice but smaller nugs which took forever to tackle with the scissors large.Screenshot_20210204-215214_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3