new growth at harvest time

scissorhands

6 minutes ago, scissorhands said:

ye thats exactly it. tiny little single blade leaves that are more rounded than usual popping out from in between the buds and the pistils look ever so fat

Didn't take any recent photos of the lot I just chopped that would have shown it more clearly and its not quite so obvious when dried, but this is a more subtle version/earlier on in the process:

large.example.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btk1977 said:

Didn't take any recent photos of the lot I just chopped that would have shown it more clearly and its not quite so obvious when dried, but this is a more subtle version/earlier on in the process:

large.example.jpg

that looks very similar in terms of the shape. how its got those little extra nugget bits that turn it squarish. so when that happens to you do you chop while the hairs are still white on the affected buds

@scissorhands yeh I basically ignore that section when deciding whether to chop or not and go on what the rest of the buds on the plant are like, I find often when they start doing that towards the end they often just keep going so you'll end up overcooking the rest of the plant and using weeks of extra electricity for a few grams of extra bud. If its really extreme I tend to lop those bits of growth off when its time to trim, but more often than not it just goes in with the rest of the bud and smokes perfectly fine.

• Like 1

ive tried to upload my pics to the gallery first so i can move them from there into this thread (i think thats how im meant to do it) but my pics are all too large even when i compress them. im no good with computers

Hi bud

ive a lot of experience with this with 3 or 4 lamps in my room. 

your tops are doing that as they are too close to the bulbs or you don’t have enough fans on them or your extract is failing  ( shit loads of dust in a few year old filter etc ) 

what happens is your plants finish but the top inch or two of the main buds look a bit spread out, single leaves forming, clear new growth, like they are opening up a bit. 

Then end result is top buds top inch or two will have poor potency, the rest of the plant will be normal 

Ive done it loads, same as the photo above by another poster, ive had it worse than that tho.

suprised it happened in winter, we’re you really close to the lamps ? 

Edited by Raoul
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, scissorhands said:

ive tried to upload my pics to the gallery first so i can move them from there into this thread (i think thats how im meant to do it) but my pics are all too large even when i compress them. im no good with computers

are you on windows or mac?

3 x 600w in a small room, how big is the room? Like stated above it sounds like fox tailing, if your temps are to high and then to cold it’s going to cause problems for sure

• Like 1

On 05/02/2021 at 1:35 PM, Minion00 said:

3 x 600w in a small room, how big is the room? Like stated above it sounds like fox tailing, if your temps are to high and then to cold it’s going to cause problems for sure

That's what I was thinking !!

and never go off the seed packet times, they are wrong 99.9% of the time. 

but yes, as said, too cold lights off, wont help