Eazy pyramids

Sasquatch

I just came across these on the Growell site I don't know where else sells them, they are pyramid-shaped (for stability I guess)  blocks of peat and coir with added nutes . The idea is to use them free standing with a starter plug stood on top and as the roots grow down and out through the sides they get stubbed by the light and divide , so increasing root mass like airpots.

There are trays and reservoirs and pumps etc. available at a hefty price for sheets of moulded plastic, I was thinking you could get away with standing them in a square pot saucer and hand feeding, maybe with coco feeds or run to waste hydro nutes.

I've not seen mention of them on here maybe they are new, anyone any experience of them ?

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

Hi mate. I've don't use the final pyramids as I think they're a bit expensive for what they are. I've been using the Eazy plugs for starting seeds and rooting clones with great success. They saturate in seconds and as long as they can drain freely it's almost impossible to over-water. They come pre-buffered at 1.0 EC so you can just give them plain water for a few weeks.

Once roots show on all sides they get placed in the Eazy blocks. I've been experimenting with how long I can keep a plant in these in the veg tent. Found that I can keep a vegging plant happy in one until it's ready for the final pot-up, only then seeing loose coco. Managed to keep mothers in them for 4 months or so before any issues, a pot-up to a 1 litre sorted them out. As plants get big in the blocks they do dry out quickly and needed soaking twice a day. If I carry on with them I'll look to set up a flood & drain system for the veg tent. 

They're a huge labour saver really as I used to go jiffy plug > 1l > 3.5l > 9l final. 

large.eazy-plugs.jpg

large.05-side-view.jpg

• Like 11

Good on you lad keeping em looking so great in them things... i need to try them now haha... like the rack aswell where did you find that?