Are these spidermite?

GreenSilverSurfer

large.20210127_095111.jpglarge.20210127_095041.jpglarge.20210127_095011.jpgCould somebody help me identify these horrible looking pests please. Plants have been looking sick for a week or two and could someone let me know if i could still take cuttings off the mother. Thx

Afraid it looks that way from a distant meeting i had with them ,but could be wrong , any fine web anywhere ?

Edited by Owderb
Please dont quote when its not needed mate
  • Like 1

Id say that you've got spider mites mate. If they are that far gone I'd get them number down before you take cuts otherwise the cuts will be fucked by the time they come out.

Loose Persimilis and californicus sachetswillha e it under control in no time

• Like 3

It looks like the little white eggs are floating like on a web! I've also just found thrips! 

2 minutes ago, Personunknown said:

Afraid it looks that way from a distant meeting i had with them ,but could be wrong , any fine web anywhere ?

just an observation, but with that many mites, there would be conciderable webbing from experiancing the little fuckers.      they deffo look like mites, there are russet and broad mites, could it be one of the later two??

@GreenSilverSurfer  I've never had any spider mites in my grow so I can't confirm if they are or not. I've had thrips and whitefly tho.

Once you identify what your issue is you should take a look at predator mites! 

Fight bugs with bugs , wee bitta bug warfare ! Nothing more pleasing than clearing up an infestation and seeing the ally bugs patrolling the plant keeping it safe 

• Like 1

i can spot sm a mile off but those pics are inconclusive for me, some of the whole leaf would be better, but it does look like a touch of Ca def on one pic

• Like 2

I'm not sure they are mites either. You can see if they are mites with the naked eye. They are like little crabs, not elongated at all and if you have a lot of mites you would see strands of webbing plus webs all over the infected plant. The tops of the leaves will have all white/yellow spots all over them. 

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

large.20210127_095011.jpg

6 hours ago, Owderb said:

I'm not sure they are mites either. You can see if they are mites with the naked eye. They are like little crabs, not elongated at all and if you have a lot of mites you would see strands of webbing plus webs all over the infected plant. The tops of the leaves will have all white/yellow spots all over them. 

Owd

8 hours ago, ratdog said:

i can spot sm a mile off but those pics are inconclusive for me, some of the whole leaf would be better, but it does look like a touch of Ca def on one pic

Can you tell off this pic?

Edited by GreenSilverSurfer

Once again it could well be but the pic is not clear enough.

If you can see eggs and black dots of shit on the undersides of the leaf then it probably is but you should see spots on top of the leaves

Take a pic of the offending plant so we can see the topside of the leaves

Owd

• Like 1