Tips for success from seed? Help needed.

Hello chaps, I've jumped the gun here. And don't have much of a clue what to do next. I bought some seeds last week and as soon as they arrived I placed five of them between some layers of toilet roll and sealed them in a tupperware box then placed it on my amp. Well this morning I have just looked and all five have a long root! I'm unprepared, I've been buying things I think I will need over the last few months but I don't have everything.

I have a pack of root riot cubes but only A+B. Do I need some Rhizotonic urgently? I have a four tube light to get them under. And a small tent. What else do I need?

Do I just put them in the cubes root first and get them under the light immediately? Grow shop opens at 10am. Need some urgent help here because they were expensive and I don't want them to die lol 

This’ll have you covered for the first week.

Id suggested getting some peat pellets, they’re  are one of the easiest and best ways to start a seed off in my opinion then straight into soil or what ever medium you decide to use. You’ll want to get light on them right away by the sounds of it just make sure the root isn’t exposed and the medium is moist and not overly saturated. But the video will cover most your needs 

Edited by HazyHashMan

@182

You've certainly got the cart before the horse mate, get some quality compost and small pots, bury the seeds you've started, give them a light watering

and put them in a warm place under a low light (cfl is ideal) This will hold them for a couple of weeks while you get everything set up.

Work out what space you are going to grow in, have a look around the site for someone who is using similar and see how they've set up.

Buy the best equipment you can afford and don't listen to 'experts' in grow shops, get your info from this site and you won't go far wrong.

Good luck  :yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 7

Hazy hash man. Thanks for the video and advice.

Stu 914. Ditto. Cheers. 

Decided to go with Coco. Got two bags upstairs ready and waiting. Have the root riot cubes soaking in warm water as I type this. With a few drops of A and B. Going to let them soak a while then get them into the cubes carefully and into the propagator and under the light.

Did a couple of grows about five years ago and had some success but the knowledge I learned back then has left me hahaha

Decent light from DIY led .com 

Biggest tent you can fit. All much of the same here, so get as big as you can. This will also drive the size of light you need.

Get an RVK fan to for your tent with decent carbon filter to fit the rvk. Ask get an expelair wac1 controller to turn speed down in RVK makes it a little quieter which is good. 

Read up on Environment And don't fuss them and all will be good. Good luck. Start a dairy and you won't go wrong.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, 182 said:

root riot cubes soaking in warm water

You don't need these bud, seeds are already germinated so straight into coco...you'll need a ph meter...:yep:

root riots are used for germinating mate you have already germinated without so theyre a bit of a waste now. but if you have everything else ready to go just cut 1 in half right down the middle and put the 2 pieces back together with the seedling inside. what will you be growing in im guessing hydro due to the root riots? You dont need A/B or rhzotonic just yet seedlings are just fine without for the first week. More info you can give about your choice of grow style etc the more we can help. 

Edited by Asterion

Oh damn, they are for germinating are they. I think I have messed up already then. The roots from the seeds were quite long and it was a struggle to get them into the cubes I did try and enlarge the little holes a bit with a coktail stick but it was hardwork getting them in there still. Fearful I may have damaged the root on a couple. Did five hoping for four.

Tent is a hydrolab 120x120x200. Light is a Gavita 750DE that can be turned up or down if needed. Fans are what I had from the last time I did a grow about five years ago, not dug them out yet but I'm sure i still have them, rvk if I remember right. Nutes are Canna just got A and B at the moment but I will get some rhizo and cannazym too when I can afford it, maybe some boost towards the end if i win a good bet! That stuff is expensive! And a carbon, I'll have to grab one of those in the near future too. Could really do with a heater of some sort too, I've set up the tent near a house radiator but It's been colder than a witches tit recently so i'm not so sure it will be enough. In any case I am using this grow as a re-learning experience I did a couple in the past that were pretty good but a long time ago so much to learn again, should be right, I hope! lol