Glass joint size and experience...

zeroG

I'm enjoying my 14mm Boro Farm Stem Line a lot more than my 18mm matrix - a bit more draw resistance suits me. 

Has anyone had experience using a glass piece with a very narrow neck/mouthpiece? (not sure of the exact glass nomenclature). 

From using e-liquid vapes for years I've found that long, narrow chimneys/condensing tubes/mouthpieces and a restrictive draw allows the best flavour. Shorter, warmer inhalations that can be played with on the palate rather than a lungful that needs to be blasted out before the coughing sets in. 

Don't get me wrong, I love chucking clouds and the Flower Pot gets me high as a kite, but I'm wondering if it can provide a more leisurely refined experience. I'd like to try a piece with a small chamber and long, narrow mouthpiece. Thought about getting one of Sneaky Pete's standing J-Hooks but would prefer something a little more sturdy and able to take water if the mood takes me. 

Only contender I've found so far is Roor's Pocket Friend which seems to be discontinued...

large.roor-120-14p-095.jpg

Thoughts / suggestions?

@Hippie on hill Hope you don't mind the tag but you seem well-versed in the world of glass. 

• Like 1

I get ya re. the ecig drip tips - I use 510 adapters on all my 810 atties and turn the air flow down for the flavour.

For a similar effect I use whips and glass mouthpieces with my bongs.

Arizer and 7th floor ones are my favourites within my budget lol (prices can get a bit looney tunes for the pretty ones)

Black leaf do a standing j hook like Sneaky Pete's (with a cane gun logo on the side) for €9 which isn't bad 

Going bigger :) Herborizer (.com) do a couple of unusual "bodies" that people seem to like, that might give you ideas.

There's a few on dhgate that that have a joint for the mouthpiece like the herbo sphere and bubbler so you can use a whip adapter or choose a stem/mouthpiece you like to go in there - like the Phoenix matrix, fc-mod and fc-ufo 

Or you can piece together a few adapters, a stand and a cork to make something like Herbo Sherlock or Flexi 

• Like 1

I knew you'd know what I meant :) Thanks for the reply.

I like the idea of a joint for the mouthpiece, will check out the options you've listed. Not a fan of whips generally as I can never get them clean as I'd like. 

Trying to avoid a set-up that needs a retort stand lol