first grow

wanted

This will be my first grow. I need to know if i can grow in a attic. i have a loft conversion but there is still room under the eaves between the wall and the roof. I need to know a strain that will not smell to much nearly all the time and wont need too much care. What equipment would i need to keep a plant alive in the area under the rafters. The size is roughly 1.5mx1.5m with a slanted roof. It is warm most of the year round and has air surculation and is well insulated. Any idea on how to successfully grow in these conditions would be much appreiciated.

Guest bc pete

hey there,

no sweat , sounds quite similar to mine

i am running a 600 hps and no extractor!!

fan cooling down bulb

another fan blowing around

no heat at dark periods

plants. indica, skunk~1 pretty forgiving

start in soil, from seed, natures way until familiar

then once captivated, try alternate/ hydro enriched air etc

lots to learn but each question submitted will be answered

good luck friend

bc pete :!:

Yeah sounds similar to myset up too.

Only at the moment im using about 7 5ft flouros, mixture of warm and white bulbs.

Works quite well, but i think if you want better quality buds, you'll need a proper grow bulb.

Heat shouldnt be too much of a problem i have a fan on a timer in my room, but the attic gets pretty windy anyway. If hight is a limeting factor, i recomend using the scrog technique. Ive used it for the past 3 grows and its definately worked out better for me.

Hope that helps.

:woot:

Hi wanted

Welcome to the club!!

Lots of us grow in loft spaces. Some grow big, some small but either way it works and you get plenty to smoke.

If you've got limited height, just flower the plants sooner rather than later. This will keep them short, and you can fit more of them into your space.

Northern Lights is a relatively 'low odour' plant. You might want to pm steve the seed to check that, or he may pass by and offer his view at some point. Its also a good plant to start with, relatively easy to grow, NL1 & NL5 are probably the stockiest/shortest growing, so best suited for your lack of head room. Seen some pics of NL2 growing (see Mr Buckets fantastic shots in the indoor bud section to check them out) recently and they tend to stretch quite tall, apparently due to an inclusion of Thai (Thanks for the info Trichome :woot: ).

Hope that helps

Best of luck

Chip

PS. Check out what other people recommend, and then decide for yourself. Best thing about this is that there is no single best way to do it. You got to go with what you want, experiment and learn.