How to make Hash with RUM?

GuerillaOG

So i met a guy on holiday who took all the shake and mixed it with 60% proof rum and then somehow turned into hash. 

I was unaware that you could use anything less than 100% proof alcohol and not sure what process he used. 

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks 

Despite being a lower proof the alcohol still works as a solvent.

He probably does it in a similar way to qwiso: freeze both shake and rum for 24 hours,  mix,  filter, wait for the rum to evaporate.

• 4 months later...

I did this recently.

Well about 6 years ago I mixed some shake with rum, filtered it and put back in the bottle.

It tasted absolutely rank and so was banished to the back of the cupboard.

(might have gotten some washing up liquid in there, but probably also just because I used a whole immature flowering plant) .

Then I  ran out of weed about 6 months ago so evaporated the rum and smoked the resulting black resin.

It was sugary and oily/syrupy and tasted sweet, sticking to your teeth!

It did get you stoned and smoked OK, if a little harsh considering it was part sugar.

It was like toffee, you could scrape it off into shatter and then press it together into an oily solid.

It was quite soluble in water too. So you could lick the bowl to get the last off!

Sugar often gets added to dark rum after maturation, especially perhaps the stronger stuff.

You will also be smoking all the oils and resins from the wood used to mature the rum.

As well as the oils and terpenoids/flavonoids carried over in the distillation, from the molasses and dunder wash.

It did taste quite nice.

Like you can get whisky flavoured tobacco etc.

So why not rum hashish?

Probably not very good for you, but it tones down the stoning power of the hash and tastes good!

eta:

I'm not actually recommending doing this.

A high strength neutral spirit would be best, unless you want to eat it.

Edited by smokinggolden