Doing my own head In

blueovalbug

So I'm doing my head in here currently trying to dry some blackcurrant gum from seed stockers. I have it in a 3 tier drying net and move it down to the bottom day by day I then bring it in and put a thin layer In a sandwich tub and put it on top of my boiler to finish off( not with the lid on) when it feels crispy I tub it up but when I go back a day later its no longer crispy so I'm not 100% sure what going on any help please?? 

hya @blueovalbug what is it you wanted to know?by the sounds of it your drying technique is bit off,have you had a look in the harvesting and curing section? some wonderfull threads in regards to the perfect cure, long and short 60F/60% moisture,chop plant at base,hang whole (maybe take off big fan leaves...leave them on if it's hot weather),leave for 10-14 days, i say whole plant as it tends to dry slower this way and is better for end result (terpenes and lack of harshness) when small buds snap off stem,take each stem and place into paper bags to draw out moisture,check everyday and when they feel good and not too dry put em in glass jars/tupperware to start cure... not sure what stage you're at but sound like u need to put them back in the net and let them dry slowly turning everyday to not have flat spots on buds...i hope u aint cooked em on the boiler bro....

Edited by *BANG*
  • Like 4

Basically why does the bud that felt dry last nite (crispy) now feel like it isn't dry today I have a thermometer on top of the boiler is. Around 18c  

18 minutes ago, blueovalbug said:

Basically why does the bud that felt dry last nite (crispy) now feel like it isn't dry today I have a thermometer on top of the boiler is. Around 18c  

I bet if you snapped a bud open it'd still be moist on the inside, or your boiler room is also very humid overnight. Is it in your kitchen, or next to? Are you cooking pasta etc? Poor ventilation?

Stick a hygrometer in there and see what the room is measuring. But as above, it sounds like you are complicating the drying process. Admittedly I've only just dried my first batch, but as the above suggestion there are plenty of writeups in the harvesting section.

• Like 1

At the moment the room were the boiler is is 18.5c 42%humidity its just strange why it feels dry so I tub it up then feels wet again the next day maybe some buds are not completely dry and there kind of rehydrating 

Just now, blueovalbug said:

some buds are not completely dry and there kind of rehydrating 

If I was a betting man..!

• Like 4

This. I dried my green crack for 2 weeks hung. Still wasn't done (in the garage, 14c about 55%). Outsides felt crisp but they definitely weren't done. Brown bagged for 5 days. Drew the moisture out the middle and everything was still a bit too damp for my liking. Been in a jar for a week now...burping daily and everything is now working itself out slowly. Another month and it'll be delicious.

I'd try brown bagging it for now mate. 

Peace :smokin:

• Like 1