Hi all like minded people :)

I am trying to pick a strain, then I came across Dutch Dragon. Whilst reading up on this strain I got pretty excited because there is a lot about the high this strain delivers which meets the needs of my personality. Whilst reading up on Dutch Dragon it came apparent to me that growing this plant inside would present problems, I am a non-experienced grower and this plant can reach 9 feet tall, and most bedrooms (UK) are not even that big in height. It would take an experienced grower to attempt growing this inside.

I now know I need to pick an alternative to this strain. Can anyone suggest strains which delivers the same benefits as that of Dutch Dragon. The Dutch Dragon details: Fruity sweet tangy taste, uplifted mood, euphoria, increased levels of creativity, bouts of giggles, relaxing effect, plant grows quickly, high in THC and low in CBD, generous harvest.

As you probably can see going off the description, this strain, in my opinion, is a pot heads' dream. Unless you struggle with severe insomnia that is.

I would love to select this strain, but I would have a problem with height restrictions (inside room). Can you please suggest something which is identical to the Dutch Dragon in terms of taste and it's other qualities? If there was a shorter version of this strain, that would be ideal lol lol. I look forward to your responses. 

Thank you ever so much.   

On 20/01/2021 at 11:04 PM, Vern said:

Hi all like minded people :)

I am trying to pick a strain, then I came across Dutch Dragon. Whilst reading up on this strain I got pretty excited because there is a lot about the high this strain delivers which meets the needs of my personality. Whilst reading up on Dutch Dragon it came apparent to me that growing this plant inside would present problems, I am a non-experienced grower and this plant can reach 9 feet tall, and most bedrooms (UK) are not even that big in height. It would take an experienced grower to attempt growing this inside.

I now know I need to pick an alternative to this strain. Can anyone suggest strains which delivers the same benefits as that of Dutch Dragon. The Dutch Dragon details: Fruity sweet tangy taste, uplifted mood, euphoria, increased levels of creativity, bouts of giggles, relaxing effect, plant grows quickly, high in THC and low in CBD, generous harvest.

As you probably can see going off the description, this strain, in my opinion, is a pot heads' dream. Unless you struggle with severe insomnia that is.

I would love to select this strain, but I would have a problem with height restrictions (inside room). Can you please suggest something which is identical to the Dutch Dragon in terms of taste and it's other qualities? If there was a shorter version of this strain, that would be ideal lol lol. I look forward to your responses. 

Thank you ever so much.   

Hi Vern, 

You may have better luck asking in some of the other breeders help-desks on here. I am working with genetics that would be a good fit, for both indoor and outdoor, but they are still in R&D stage so can't help unfortunately. 

I believe 'Fluer de Mal' on here stock things like C99 as well as C99 x Druabn?  Or if your'e looking for feminised then 'Brothers Grim' (the original breeders of C99) are selling seeds again, and might have a couple things worth a look...  

Sure there are other places on the forum you could ask and got lots of input from other growers... I haven't grown Dutch dragon but it might not be as difficult as you think, training, blue lights, 12/12 from early on, probably keep it from getting huge...  

Good luck 

• Like 1

Mate, the 9foot thing is out doors. Grow the Dutch dragon but just cut it at its 4th node and train the branches out. The plant won’t get much higher than 1-1.5m. There is a site called big bear seeds that have a strain called elephant cheese that I wanna try. That is a 3m+ plant outdoors but trained right and flipped early and it’ll not grow out of hand.

Check me diary out to see what I mean

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 1

As said with the correct training, and flipped at the right time will deffo keep it under control.

You can read up on training techniques from some of the lads on the boards.. or utube even.. not saying you will become a master in a moment but if you got your nut screwed on you should be able to pick up enough to get you over the line.. if you say this strain meets all your needs then have a crack at it bro.. sometimes throwing yourself into the deep end has its rewards.. best of luck :yinyang:

Thanks guys, very interesting tips. And I know exactly what you mean about throwing yourself in the deep end, I have found that helpful in other scenarios :) I will have a go at it, I will cut it at the fourth node and read up on it.

Thanks again.

:skin_up: