What do you reckon

Mattyy

Hi so im growing in a loft with uninsulated roof so it has been challenging and i wasnt gonna start flower until i found my environment and temps as ideal as possible.

everythings going pretty well now with added upgrades and i flipped to flower 35 days ago. I probably vegged for over 12 weeks but growth was slow due to cold getting better of them quite often.

im using:

Budbox Pro 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0m

600w dual spec HPS with cheap reflector

300w mars hydro sp3000

Isomax fan 8” (overkill for this space)

8” rhino pro filter

MeacoFan 1056

Extra clip on fan

10L dehumidifier when needed

800w oil rad

900w oil rad

smscom hybrid controller

im growing 4x Runtz Muffin by Barneys Farm in 12L fabric pots in coco and i now feed the ladies around 2.5 - 3 litres daily in one go. I plan on getting an autopot after this grow.

Feed wise I use 0.5 ec hard water from the tap to fill the reservoir upstairs. Then add dutch pro a + b at half strength and use full strength Nurture Nutrient Amplifier. Amazing stuff is the NNA, its like a seaweed additive with superior ingredients apparently and its organic! I only started using it from the start of flower but ive not had any feeding problems ever since and my buds are getting fatter by the day. It also helps with stresses like when it gets really cold or too hot.

anyway i wanted to share a snippet of my journey so far. This is my first grow in this size tent and still gotta learn to fill that canopy out.

how much do you reckon my yield potential is just by looking at this picture? Its a pic from my live cam so not the best view but you get an idea. Thanks

large.C7818D6C-26E2-48A8-A2A8-065BE4188A30.jpeg

• Like 1

Yield is very difficult to eyeball from photos, especially ones like that mate but I wouldn’t expect more than 10 oz, however 10 oz is loads and will easily tide you over till the next run, 

I know what my 1.2 tent looks like when I pull 15/16 oz and it’s a lot more chocka than that.

• Like 2

Cheers man yeh i was thinking around that and yeh it is hard to tell. Need to learn how to scrog right. Next time will be better anyway during veg as got things more under control and winter will be saying goodbye soon 

If you're intending on using the loft for growing for awhile then you might want to get it insulated. OK winter is finishing soon but you've got the dreaded summer to face soon. 

Them oil reads must be costing you a fortune 

• Like 2

900w lighting, 1700w heating? :woot: 

I'm sure the nurture stuff is a decent seaweed extract/booster but you only rly need a&b tbh and 1l of that stuff is the same price as 10l of canna..

• Like 4

@KC I've got 2 x 1.5 kw fan heaters in my loft, running almost 6kw/hour in total across all 3 tents, can't wait to downsize. at least the heaters are only used when it's lights off. I say downsize,  I may swap to one large tent instead of 2 separate, 1 environment to manage, and so on.

@Mattyy swap that hps for another led and you won't need to cool in summer as the temps combined with that extra mmol of light should give a proper good yeild. that's what I'm hoping for when it warms up. not running aircon again. gonna pump that tent full of co2 and ramp up the yields

• Like 3

So when I can afford it I want another Sp3000 to replace the hps then the par readings will be amazing and less heat for summer! Im tryna to work out how to lower operating costs like electricity. Yes im running 2 small heaters and its eating away at my wallet but for now i dont have a choice. Eventually i want 1 radiator in a box hooked up to the intake with a fan bringing in fresher air and i reckon that will heat my space better. That can wait til later this year now. Hopefully temps will be manageable with my overpowered exhaust fan during summer if not ill work something out. But I definitely need to insulate my loft its just acquiring  the funds in the first place. I invested in this grow to try and sort my financial situation out as we as a family are struggling to keep on top of things at the moment.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 2:40 PM, uBercaMeL said:

900w lighting, 1700w heating? :woot: 

I'm sure the nurture stuff is a decent seaweed extract/booster but you only rly need a&b tbh and 1l of that stuff is the same price as 10l of canna..

Yeh ive been looking at cheaper alternatives, found this shropshire seaweed extract which will probs suffice which I wanna use for foliar too. My feeding regime is pretty simple I dont mind having seaweed in there for definite benefits. I do believe in less additives for sure, however im also tempted to start using power si it seems to be a game changer among the grow community so it seems.

Growth technology alpha coco is worth a look when your canna runs out if you are after a good a&b and seaweed without having to add/pay extra. Pretty sure it contains a good amount in the part a and is ~ the same price as canna, and slightly better too ime though I've not seen heavy metal analysis for it (canna is super clean). If you buy your ferts locally they probably wont stock it but should be able to order it (if they stock ionic etc they will have a GT account).

Also if you do buy grow supplies from a shop, ask them if they have any samples (most get sent a bunch but rarely give them out unless asked. My local often has atami/b'cuzz boosters which are seaweed based). Shropshire gets good feedback too though. :yep:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/01/2021 at 6:49 PM, Mattyy said:

Hi so im growing in a loft with uninsulated roof so it has been challenging and i wasnt gonna start flower until i found my environment and temps as ideal as possible.

everythings going pretty well now with added upgrades and i flipped to flower 35 days ago. I probably vegged for over 12 weeks but growth was slow due to cold getting better of them quite often.

im using:

Budbox Pro 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0m

600w dual spec HPS with cheap reflector

300w mars hydro sp3000

Isomax fan 8” (overkill for this space)

8” rhino pro filter

MeacoFan 1056

Extra clip on fan

10L dehumidifier when needed

800w oil rad

900w oil rad

smscom hybrid controller

im growing 4x Runtz Muffin by Barneys Farm in 12L fabric pots in coco and i now feed the ladies around 2.5 - 3 litres daily in one go. I plan on getting an autopot after this grow.

Feed wise I use 0.5 ec hard water from the tap to fill the reservoir upstairs. Then add dutch pro a + b at half strength and use full strength Nurture Nutrient Amplifier. Amazing stuff is the NNA, its like a seaweed additive with superior ingredients apparently and its organic! I only started using it from the start of flower but ive not had any feeding problems ever since and my buds are getting fatter by the day. It also helps with stresses like when it gets really cold or too hot.

anyway i wanted to share a snippet of my journey so far. This is my first grow in this size tent and still gotta learn to fill that canopy out.

how much do you reckon my yield potential is just by looking at this picture? Its a pic from my live cam so not the best view but you get an idea. Thanks

large.C7818D6C-26E2-48A8-A2A8-065BE4188A30.jpeg

loving the live cam fella!

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2021 at 7:49 PM, uBercaMeL said:

Growth technology alpha coco is worth a look when your canna runs out if you are after a good a&b and seaweed without having to add/pay extra. Pretty sure it contains a good amount in the part a and is ~ the same price as canna, and slightly better too ime though I've not seen heavy metal analysis for it (canna is super clean). If you buy your ferts locally they probably wont stock it but should be able to order it (if they stock ionic etc they will have a GT account).

Also if you do buy grow supplies from a shop, ask them if they have any samples (most get sent a bunch but rarely give them out unless asked. My local often has atami/b'cuzz boosters which are seaweed based). Shropshire gets good feedback too though. :yep:

Good shout i will definitely take this into consideration!

also goes to show that pictures are deceiving. I was expecting around 12oz dry from this grow,  i havent quite finished trimming but we looking atleast 25 oz dry wtf!!

• Like 2