Which soil and nutrients should I use?

Jakeyboak

Hi, I'm starting my first small indoor grow and I find it really hard to get some straight to the point information on which soil and which if any nutrients I need. I'm going to be growing White Widow Auto. Any information or links would be much appreciated

My first grows were very successful with Biobizz Nutrients and biobizz all mix soil its easy peasy and has less to worry about than hydroponics 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gnarkill102 said:

My first grows were very successful with Biobizz Nutrients and biobizz all mix soil its easy peasy and has less to worry about than hydroponics 

That's for your reply man, I'm literally a complete begginer to all this, can you recommend any specific ones I would need to use?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakeyboak said:

That's for your reply man, I'm literally a complete begginer to all this, can you recommend any specific ones I would need to use?

All you need to start would be Bio bizz grow and bloom

Some folk use all the mini dosing bottles like bio haven or top max , but you don't "NEED" them to get results

Someone will probably come along with a complete different set of nutrients but i like the bio bizz organics ones , you can get them online easy too.

Edited by Gnarkill102
  • Like 1

I'm currently using PlantMagic Plus soil and it works pretty well for me. Keeps autos going right into flower and I tend to start liquid nutes around 2 weeks into flower... It comes pre mixed with per-lite and although is a little 'hot' from germination, my ladies seem to love it. I tend to add a spoonful of dolomite lime per gallon as it sits around 5.5ph if you don't but it isn't wholly necessary. Never had CalMag issues that werent of my own making...

• Like 2

I too also use BioBizz Grow and Bloom in soil(Not BioBizz soil tho) But you want to wait until your Auto shows any signs of needing them and when so only use a tiny amount as autos can respond badly if you give them the recomended dosage's for a Photoperiod as Autos tend to need a lot less nutes. I stunded all 3 autos in my last grow and i didn't wait until they had used the nutes already in the soil before first dosage and ended up making the soil to hot, ruined the vegs stage good and propper lol

Next grow i'm also going to try TNC MycorrMax Mycorrhizal fungi powder w/Trichoderma & Bacteria added to my soil and see how much it effects yield's(Not doing Auto's this round tho)

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

Next grow i'm also going to try TNC MycorrMax Mycorrhizal fungi powder w/Trichoderma & Bacteria added to my soil and see how much it effects yield's(Not doing Auto's this round tho)

I used Oldtimer Granules in the potting mix with this grow and I'm not going to lie, I noticed a massive difference in the speed in which the plant developed compared to not. I'd definitely recommend any fungi powder to be fair. Don't forget to de-clorinate!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

I too also use BioBizz Grow and Bloom in soil(Not BioBizz soil tho) But you want to wait until your Auto shows any signs of needing them and when so only use a tiny amount as autos can respond badly if you give them the recomended dosage's for a Photoperiod as Autos tend to need a lot less nutes. I stunded all 3 autos in my last grow and i didn't wait until they had used the nutes already in the soil before first dosage and ended up making the soil to hot, ruined the vegs stage good and propper lol

That's great info about the autos needing less. Sorry for my ignorance but what will the signs be that they need nutrients?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakeyboak said:

That's great info about the autos needing less. Sorry for my ignorance but what will the signs be that they need nutrients?

Things like pale looking leafs or gold/browning in the middle of the leafs. I'm not the best at knowing all the signs i'm still learning them myself, But there is a wealth of info in the problem solving sub section on here. Best thing to do if you notice anything is not to panic and misdiagnose and cause more problems. either look at threads that look like the same problems or make and new one and try to give as much info as you can about grow conditions and feeding ect. Hope this helps somewhat:yep:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/76-problem-solver/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Things like pale looking leafs or gold/browning in the middle of the leafs. I'm not the best at knowing all the signs i'm still learning them myself, But there is a wealth of info in the problem solving sub section on here. Best thing to do if you notice anything is not to panic and misdiagnose and cause more problems. either look at threads that look like the same problems or make and new one and try to give as much info as you can about grow conditions and feeding ect. Hope this helps somewhat:yep:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/76-problem-solver/

I'll just add to this and say that you'll know. If your soil is pre fertilised and the nutrients start to run out. You'll notice firstly nitrogen deficiencies starting around the bottom of the plant. At this point, check your schedule to see what your plant requires for your current week and start with atleast half of what the schedule says. Let the pot dry, observe your plants and decide what your next move is. Never make big jumps in nutrients strengths. Be patient and wait and see what your plant does.

• Like 3

Sorry guys me again, I'm about to order some fabric pots but I'm unsure which size. I was thinking it's better to be too big than too small but I don't wanna go overkill?? 

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

It depends on how many plants you want to grow and the grow space dimensions :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

Hey man thanks for the response. I only have a small space as I want to try and keep it as low key as possible I'm thinking just 1 plant, unless you think I have room for 2. The space is roughly 2x2x4ft

• Like 1