Fluming creates 20% more more dissolved oxygen than air stones

BonnieAuto

Mainly the link talks about Dissolved Oxygen (DO)

This makes for very interesting reading, an cover’s a lot of what’s being talked about in here. 
Read it last night. 

Im just getting into hydro, and was for using the fluming technique (only last night discovered that’s what it’s called) as that had been described to me by known grower on here. 

Lot’s to learn against what I’ve learnt so far using compost. 

• Like 3

@Amo Mate... if I can do it so can you... I feel like I'm now at the the helm of a space craft just left the asteroid belt... I reckon I could leave my system for a week without checking in... auto pilot. 

Hope I've not just jinxed my grow.

medium.1.jpg.368ff02502a2f27a6dea4311e026d737.jpg

medium.DSCF2208.JPG.746ec57d72d2244d11e3221dee1db4fd.JPG

Four weeks... my first hydro.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Punta Roja said:

my first hydro.

Look’s like you been at it years with such a tidy set-up mate. 

Tis quite space race looking, mine probably won’t lol 

Gonna be a removable nft, test run just to see how it goes. 

Being able to leave it a few days is why I use compost. 
Hydro I know/think you needa be on top off ec/ph daily. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stu914 said:

Use a couple of small plastic bottles as floats and suspend the pump from those

that’s a banging idea. I’ve binned me fish now, looking after plants is surprisingly far more satisfying. So is just sitting there starring at them, far more fun than watching fish.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LA LUNA said:

I think its breaking the surface tension that increases the dissolved oxygen not increasing the surface area.

I think it’s a few things, it does increase surface area, it also reduces surface tension but it also brings water with less oxygen from the bottom of the tank to the top. Basically stirring the water. If the water at the top was saturated to its peak level then no more oxygen would dissolve into it and reach the bottom but fluming ensures all water has some time at the surface to collect oxygen. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

that’s a banging idea. I’ve binned me fish now, looking after plants is surprisingly far more satisfying. So is just sitting there starring at them, far more fun than watching fish.

And you cant smoke fish !

• Like 4

This has happened now that the water level has dropped... nice bubbles and silent.

FLOOM.jpg

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 4

My fluming cloner is done! I need to measure the waters temp as its sitting directly under a hps and on A electric blanket. 

Cheers lads! 

large.6006336a30ad5_20210117_1750001.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BonnieAuto said:

My fluming cloner is done! I need to measure the waters temp as its sitting directly under a hps and on A electric blanket. 

Cheers lads! 

large.6006336a30ad5_20210117_1750001.jpg

That looks sweet 

Just out of interest are you planning on flowering all 20 or is there just that many to ensure some good ones.