Struggling With Drying Conditions

Mane

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for some advice, I chopped one plant a week ago and probably chopping another one in the next few days but I'm struggling to get the right drying conditions. 

In my house at the moment it's between about 15-21c (when the heating comes on in the evening) and 40-50% humidity, I tried this at first but it seemed to be too warm and drying the buds out too quickly so I moved them to the loft. In the loft at the moment it's 6.5 - 8c and 85-99%(!) humidity, which just seems way too cold and damp and makes me worry about rot. 

I can't dry in my grow space cause I have other plants on the go and I'd rather not get heaters etc in the loft because of bills and the worry of leaving heaters unattended.

So given all this my question is, would you dry in the loft or the house?? Branches are rough trimmed and hanging to dry in a sturdy cardboard box so it wouldn't be too tricky to move between the two spaces, but is maintaining a stable drying environment more important that averaging the right temps and humidity?? All help appreciated! 

I can't work how to delete this thread but I think I've answered my own question!

It's way too cold and damp in the loft I need to find the coolest spot in the house and just hope it doesn't cook! 

Sorry to have wasted your time! :wanker:

• Like 1

Big cardboard box - utility room, pantry, hall cupboard, under stairs cupboard? I’m drying at 14.7C and around 63%, steady with extraction running. I estimate 11 - 14 days.

Good luck I hope you’ve found a useful space.

• Like 1

i am drying in my chest of draws in bed room in cardboard boxes has a steady 16c n 54% humidity .. i put an essential oils mister on to help with smells n keep door shut :rockon:

• Like 1

Yeah temps and humidity seem pretty good in the house during the day when we're out at work and at night when the heatings off. I'm just a bit concerned it gets too warm in the evening. I think it's still a safer bet though. I'll just try and find the coolest spot. I've read on here a cooler, slower dry is better if possible. 

• Like 1

Well I'm drying inside my house too. Temps going from 13°C to 21°C (only week-end when the living room fire roars from morning to evening). My 1st plant dried for 14 days. I should have trimmed and put it in jars two days sooner, as the RH is now 57% inside the jar, but I feel it's OK. Got two more plants drying since yesterday. If you want a slower drying, just hang the wole plant and don't trim it wet. Just have a look at them every day, but with 40-50% RH, mold shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

I purchased a wardrobe box and hooked it up to a spare 4" fan and filter. Alternatively you can connect box to tent intake via duckting. What ever room your growing in , open the window or door for a bit in the eve

• Like 1