Noisy Water pump

photobat

Hi all,

I'm having noise vibration issues coming from my IWS maxijet 1200 Brain pot return pump, it vibrates into the base of the brain via its little rubber feet and the drone can be heard all over the house, because of this noise issue i am now wanting to have a water pump hung in mid air and only the pump inlet tail go into the brain and finish at a low level without touching the base of the brain pot.

I am considering upgrading to a DC (direct current) water pump because they are supposed to be quieter, but i'm unsure if a DC pump would be compatible and be able to be wired directly into my IWS brain pot in a like for like exchange of the MJ1200, i am not an electrician so i am looking for advise from anyone who would know about such things, one of the pumps i'm looking at is in the link below unless anyone has any better ideas.

https://www.bldcpump.com/circulation-water-pumps/dc50-series/#dc50f

Many thanks

Edited by photobat

• 1 month later...

Pumps with the impeller improperly insterted or unbalanced will make noise. Re assembly should fix this. All pumps should be tested after cleaning, just plug it in and use the kitchen sink. Maxijets are some of the quietest pumps around, so always test before adding them to the res.

• Like 2

On 13/02/2021 at 9:48 PM, 4u2envy said:

If you have airstone in same bucket the pump can suck in air and you get problems.

good point never thought of that, i do have an airstone 2 oer 3 inches away from the pump inlet, this morning i woke to an airlock that meant the system couldnt drain, the pump was running but only a little dribble of water was being picked up from the full brain pot and returned to the main res, so annoying, i think i'm going to upgrade the brain and pipework to iws pro as it has 2 pumps and a bigger 25mm pipework and fitting instead of the 13mm on the standard IWS, hope this should cut down the 30 minute drain time also.