Damnwildman

So I want to water cure buds when there done. 

I know it looses quantity but I am not bothered. It cures faster this way. 

What I want to know is, do you need to dry buds after harvesting before water curing or does it not matter? 

It be so much simpler to harvest and put them straight in water. Then hanging them to dry. 

I don't really have a good space to dry them as I don't want smell through the house. The tent is occupied but other plants so can't hang them in there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you can water cure straight from the chop fresh. You can water cure already dried buds too. Great way to improve the taste of the edibles. After 7 days you can just dry it in the oven, there's no harshness (or smell) in it. 

It reduced the weight of the useless plant matter is the only difference so you can pack more resin into your joints. Another bonus is the smoke is nondiscript. Not tobacco, but definitely not weed. More like a small allotment burnoff in autumn. 

Ideal for medicating in public. :yep:

• Like 2

7 day water cure for many reasons. Replace the water everyday, not too cold or the trichs become brittle. Room temp water is best.

• Remove smell
  • Reduce weight/size (not potency)
  • Rescue bud (in case of mould etc)
  • Cleaning (most impurities float to the surface ready to be drained away)
  • Taste improver for edibles (you can never remove 100% of the boiled cabbage smell but it helps)
  • Personal preference
  • Smoother smoke
  • Easier to dry (just flash dry, no need for filtered slow dry)

One thing Cannabis has taught me over the years is that patience pays of, in the end.

Edited by threewisemonkeys
Spelling

According to Royal Queen Seeds

"Fortunately, cannabinoids such as THC and CBD are fat-soluble and hydrophobic, meaning no amount of contact time with water will remove them from the trichomes.

Terpenes are a different story. These aromatic molecules underpin the signature scent of cannabis, and also contribute a different flavour profile to each individual strain.

Terpenes even dictate how stimulating or couch-locking the psychotropic effects of a strain are by synergising with cannabinoids.

Because terpenes are water-soluble, water curing removes a large quantity of these tasty molecules from cannabis flowers. This brings us to the major trade-off of water curing: flavour for speed.

Some smokers describe the taste of water-cured buds as grassy and flat."

On 29/01/2021 at 2:09 PM, HippyHair said:

It tastes like shit and is a waste

It's not actually wasting anything, taste is debatable though.. lol

The smart stoner has watering curing in his box of tricks, especially if you're a discrete public toker.. :yep:

3 minutes ago, MonkeyBlazed said:

I hope you drink that everyday.

The water is not psychoactive at all and is just chlorophyll and other unwated solids, tastes awful. The oily/waxy resin sticks to the plant and is impervious to water. 

To anyone who's never tried water curing, I highly recommend it, especially if you want to improve the taste of your brownies. Even dried bud water cures well.