V+B hydroponic research

Pat Butcher

Back on nft.. tired of bottles ...tis all only npk at the end of the day so I've gone for simplification and I'm trialing V + Bs powder feed....But reckon I've been underfeeding as I was being cautious and ran into what I think is phospherous def. Anyone else on here dumped the water bottles? I can't seem to find much info, there's a post on another forum but his levels are way above the recommended dose. I've upped the ec to 1.5 and chucked in a half strength dose of density calmag and there perking up.

• Like 1

Yes I used veg+bloom powders it’s expensive compared to Maxigro  , also had to use more than Maxigro does . Funny the jungle boys use Athena now maybe they use whatever’s given to them to hype . Few others tried it and said similar , lots of fillers in there . 

• Like 2

Good subject this one, I have been building a small 40L NFT, just for 2 plant’s. 
Though when I worked out just how much nute’s I’d be going through :crybaby: wow. 
I should note I’m in small set-up an soil grower, so the difference was day an night. 

I had been looking at the Green House Feeding powder (I know Green House not liked on here) an their range does look good, an really good value for money, regards the litres it makes up. 

Has anyone ever tried this ?

Im new to nft an powdered feeds, so gonna have a look at Athena feeds now too. 
Hopefully there is more opinion’s an option’s on powdered feeds for the ill informed, like myself. 

Save money use maxi lol athenas costly from when I looked into powders and apparently aimed more at auto dose set ups .

• Like 1

@Arthur Mix had a look at the maxi series, does seem a good feed an good value. 
Do you use any of the other product’s on the feed chart?

I don’t wanna go mad with nute’s, but don’t mind an additive when useful. 

Cheer’s mate. 

19 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Yes I used veg+bloom powders it’s expensive compared to Maxigro  , also had to use more than Maxigro does . Funny the jungle boys use Athena now maybe they use whatever’s given to them to hype . Few others tried it and said similar , lots of fillers in there . 

Well I ordered a small pot and Amazon sent me a tub so costs not an issue atm till it runs out. I was deffo shy on the base nutes but I've swapped over from organic and there like 5-3-3 which is why I fed less, better under than over I guess...tank change last night and ph has settled now and ec pretty stable 1,510..5.8 and younger plants are on 1,240 5.8..they didn't like the extra cal mag and caused reddish brown stains on the leaves hence the tank change, they will be plucked off by the time it goes into flw anyway...ill sort some pics out, but resizing was a pain last time...ill try........Ive been trying but cant even access the gallery to upload after resizing. pain in the ass No wonder folk join fb groups. ok I give up.. could of been handy for other growers tho... I've got the pics but no pc access so can't use a resizer...tried a useless phone app as well. Bollocks to it for the meanwhile.

Edited by Pat Butcher