PH dropping a lot- Cyco Nutrients

Dsmile

Hello everyone,

I am running a 6 bucket rdwc with cyco nutrients, using bloom a+b, swell, b1, sugar rush, supastiky, and Dr. Repair at dosages suggested by Cyco dwc calculator. I'm noot using clones and some plants have taken better to the system than others.
I'm about week 5 but also previously i've noticed the PH dropping from 5.8 to usually 4.2 overnight and EC slightly rising.

Any ideas on the reason behind the plummet?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Are you using air stones at  all ? How do the roots look ?

Hi Arthur, using stones in 6 pots+headbucket, its only really happened in flower though. Roots actually look a lot better than i was expecting on the most stunted one, just cut its ties to have a look. 

Also ph was down to 4.3 again, just added some ph up and will adjust to 5.8 but for sure it will drop again fast. Ill try adding some pictures 

Edited by Dsmile
photos

13 hours ago, Dsmile said:

I'm about week 5 but also previously i've noticed the PH dropping from 5.8 to usually 4.2 overnight and EC slightly rising.

Overfeeding :yep:

E2A its probably the swell dropping your pH and causing the pH rise. Lower the amount of A&B to compensate or drop swell.

• Like 2

Just now, GSZZ said:

Overfeeding :yep:

Thanks, i thought this could be the problem, I have 3 big girls in the system and I know for sure the stunted ones can't handle the same strength feed. Following their calculator i'm around 1.8EC

Those links are going to be removed, you've got to upload your images to the site in future. Its not difficult.

1.8 EC is way way way too high in RDWC, you want to be floating more around the 1.0 - 1.4 mark.

• Like 2

Just now, GSZZ said:

Those links are going to be removed, you've got to upload your images to the site in future. Its not difficult.

1.8 EC is way way way too high in RDWC, you want to be floating more around the 1.0 - 1.4 mark.

Ah alright that would explain a lot, I was recommended Cyco by a grower friend in the states, swears by using the dwc calculator from cyco fully and claims to pull around 2/3lbs in a 4x4, if everything looked like the larger ones in my system I wouldnt even be querying it.

Have to say though I think a huge reason for stunted growth i experienced was due to expired products, 3 different places i've ordered cyco products from and it's been sedimented or discoloured, found a place i trust for goodstock now though, tbh i'm just trying to match my pals system but i know there's a lot of variables.

Sorry about the links, removed them. I'm sure it's not difficult.

• Like 1