Sat in brown paper bags, move to jars?

superfruit

First grow so be kind. I'm learning a lot. Definitely hanging whole next time and starting at the correct environmental levels.

8 full days of drying and branches are making a very audible crack/snap noise.

Being my first grow i started my drying a little fast with 24-36hrs of 17c and 45% rh.

I quickly adjusted to around 15c and 60rh up until last night where I've placed into brown paper bags sealed-ish.

They are untrimmed (except large fan leaves) and still on stems.

Inside the paper bags I see: 13c/64%rh and 13c/68rh. 2 other bags without sensors inside.

The chlorophyll is still breaking down. I can smell it, a slight hay smell. But opening up a bud its stinky stink bud smell :skin_up:

I have a spare evening tonight and im wondering if based on those brown paper bags RH if now is a good time to get them trimmed and into my glass jars.

Due to lockdown I'm able to burp as often as needed, and can monitor humidity closely due to Bluetooth sensors.

Thanks

Pic just because :bong:

large.20210101_205115_resize_55_compress42.jpg

• Like 2

I go 10-14 days drying, then final trim, then brown bags from 2 days to 7, then jars with a 400g boveda sack at 62%.

Yeah the byproduct of a fast start i think. Mine aren't snapping so to speak, but making a snap noise when bent over. Most anyway. They stay intact

Edited by superfruit

Looking good. I hope for my first ever dry/cure later this year (Not even sown yet!)

Quick question on where to get suitable Brown Bags?

Went into Boots today and got a brown paper carrier for 7p - Suitable? Or too small?

TIA :yep:

Well if you don't experiment then you'll never learn:

I have 4 of the 7p brown boots bags about 2/3 full and I went ahead and tried trimming some. Got around 50% through 1 bag and it's definitely a bit moist mainly on the larger sections. Trimmers get way too sticky.

Half filled the jar and sealed for 10min, humidity straight up to 75 and climbing, so emptied jar back into separate brown bags and will leave for a couple days or so.

They can sit back in the tent as the house absolutely stinks :hippy:

Edited by superfruit

Brown bags for ages.  It's like osmosis.  An evening of moisture through the product.  Ambient r/h doesn't really clinch the deal.  The product does. It's just like growing.  Dont rush.  And read the plant/product.  You can even put the bags into a brown cardboard box in the tent and just take your time.  Dont worry about getting shit into jars.  Yes it looks nice but unless bud is in the right zone, just wait.

• Like 2

Aye I would.  Brown bags are breathable jars.  Keep in brown bags until you have an even texture.  Not dry tips.  An even slightly spongy feel.  But snappy stems.

You may find that they sometimes regress slightly and get moist again on a humid day.  Chill out.  Wait.  Let that chlorophyll leach out.  Wait for a dry day in a week or two.  And jar.

• Like 2

@Pheonix thanks. Do you keep the paper bags closed as they can naturally breath or open up a while?

One of the bags with branches in is 11.5c and 63% rh. The small amount of trimmed bud is 11.5c and 69%rh.

I open and close them to regulate the speed and consistency of drying.  Much like burping a jar.  It's hard to over dry in the winter.  Take your time.  Low and slow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, superfruit said:

Thanks again for the tips

It's a pleasure.  Good luck with the tricky second grow.  It's always the hardest.

It's like recording albums.  The better the debut album the harder the second album is.  Expect that.

;)

• Like 2