Fabric pots, drippers and coco

Twiftking

Hi, I've searched for this but no joy so apologies of this is documented elsewhere and I've missed it.

If I start my seeds off in jiffy plugs and them move them over to fabric pots with canna Coco pro over 2" of clay balls.

What size pots should I use. Do you guys repot as the plant grows or can you just go straight to a 11L pot? 

TIA

Unless you're doing a hempy bucket I wouldn't bother with the clay balls,

apparently they just push up the water table rather than helping with drainage.

I'm pretty sure it was @Exhale that brought this up in another thread somewhere recently :yep:

In order to build the most effective root system it's usually better to pot up as they grow. Imo

but I usually grow in mud,

I've only recently started using coco and it might be easier with coco than compost to make such a big jump in available medium.

Final pot size kinda depends on how many plants you intend to have in a certain amount of space.

Eg jiffy to 1l then 3l next 7 or 8 litre then into 20l finals would take longer to veg than,

jiffy 1l to 3 or 4l then 8-12 litre finals.

What size flowering space will you have and how many plants do you wanna grow?

Others will no doubt be along soon to share their thoughts/experiences.

Atb

:yinyang:

51 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Unless you're doing a hempy bucket I wouldn't bother with the clay balls,

apparently they just push up the water table rather than helping with drainage.

I'm pretty sure it was @Exhale that brought this up in another thread somewhere recently :yep:

In order to build the most effective root system it's usually better to pot up as they grow. Imo

but I usually grow in mud,

I've only recently started using coco and it might be easier with coco than compost to make such a big jump in available medium.

Final pot size kinda depends on how many plants you intend to have in a certain amount of space.

Eg jiffy to 1l then 3l next 7 or 8 litre then into 20l finals would take longer to veg than,

jiffy 1l to 3 or 4l then 8-12 litre finals.

What size flowering space will you have and how many plants do you wanna grow?

Others will no doubt be along soon to share their thoughts/experiences.

Atb

:yinyang:

Growing space is 2.1m x 1.6m

I'm undecided how many plants ill need. I will be doing a SCROG under some nice LED lamps from DIYLEDUK in coco fed by topspin drippers.

Edited by Twiftking
  • Like 1