Sweet Amnesic Gorilla Girl in the Hazy Tropic of Canna.

jadenugs

Sweet Amnesic Gorilla Girl in the Hazy Tropic of Canna.

large.5ff4f8bc479b0_UntitledR.jpg

Greetings, and welcome once again to my Sweecret Laboratory.
A big thanks to Sweet Seeds Tommy, Jaypp and Apolo for putting on another amazing competition :yahoo:
I'm not getting much time at all on the boards due to work but it would be rude not to join the fun here at Sweet Seeds. So after lot's of umming and arring about not having time I've decided to join the show anyway and just do what I can, when I can and hope it's not a disaster :D 

After my run of 6 for the 6th it would have been great to run 7 for the 7th. There's no way I'd fit it all in though in time for the deadline. I only just managed to get 6 reports done and posted within a minute of the deadline last year so this time it might be easier with only 3 strains. I'll be growing Tropicanna Poison F1 Fast Version, Gorilla Girl and Sweet Amnesia Haze. One plant of each. This will be my first coco diary and there will be other plants in the room too but they're not getting documented anywhere. So, me being new to coco this will help me keep it simple by just concentrating on 3 plants for the diary. I've done 2 micro grows in my veg cab in coco prior to this. The first wasn't up to much but the 2nd was great. The downfall here is I won't have time to handwater twice daily and deal with run off so I'll be trying my hand at Blumats when these get in their finals. This is also new to me, I've had the Blumats for ages but not got around to using them yet.  

Gorilla Girl.

large.GORILLA_GIRL(R)_SWS74.jpg

This strain is the resulting hybrid from the cross between two of the most famous and powerful genetics coming from the USA: Gorilla Glue X Girl Scout Cookies.

The GSC specimen used for this cross comes from the phenotype known as “Thin Mint”. An Indica-Sativa hybrid with Sativa predominance.

Gorilla Girl® (SWS74) is a strain with a very powerful effect, featuring very high THC levels that can reach to between 20% and 31% in optimum growing conditions. Some specimens can even exceed these levels. The resin production of this strain is copious, covering all the flower calyxes with aromatic trichomes. The buds are very resinous and compact.

Gorilla Girl® features intense taste and aroma, with cypress tones and a touch of wood, complemented with hints of earth and citrus.

The plants look like balanced Indica-Sativa hybrids, very productive and vigorous, with long and flexible side branches.

Indica: 40% / Sativa: 60%
THC: 20-31% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 400-550 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 350-600 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: early October

Awards
1º Award – Indoor – Festival 1422 – Argentina – 2018
1º Award – higuest THC – Sannabis Cup – Johannesburgo – Sudáfrica – 2019

Sweet Amnesia Haze.

large.SWEET_AMNESIA_HAZE(R)_SWS72.jpg

Cross between two Amnesia Haze “elite” clones of exceptional quality. The result is a mainly Sativa genetic of excellent quality and fast flowering time. The Amnesia strain is one of the fastest plants within the famous Haze family.

Sweet Amnesia Haze® (SWS72) has a very vigorous growth. With the shape of a christmas tree, the plants produce long side branches. It is a very high yielder for a Sativa strain, producing compact and extremely resinous buds. As a very easy-to-grow strain, it is suitable for every kind of growers, from beginners to experienced.

The tastes and aromas of this genetic are amazing and made it famous worldwide. It features a taste and aroma with lemon citrus tones, a complex incense background and hints of cedar wood.

Indica: 30% / Sativa: 70%
THC: 16-22% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 450-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 400-650 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September

Awards
1º Award – Exterior – VI Copa Cata del Oeste – Buenos aires – Argentina – 2019

Tropicanna Poison F1 Fast Version.

large.TROPICANNA_POISON_F1_FAST_VERSION(R)_SWS85.jpg

These plants, with red flowers and ultrafast flowering, are a photoperiod-dependent, feminised version of one of the most famous varieties in the US “Super Strong” Cookies family – Tropicanna Cookies (Girl Scout Cookies x Tangie).

It is the cross of an elite, selected Tropicanna Cookies clone, with a red flower phenotype, and our highly regarded, red flower, autoflowering strain Red Poison Auto® (SWS39).

The plants are very productive and resinous, with THC levels of up to 24% and extremely high terpene levels.
The buds have an excellent aroma and taste; they are very sweet, intense and dense, with tones of mango, earthy, wooden hints, and a subtle Skunk background.

Indica: 60% / Sativa: 40%
THC: 16-24% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 450-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 400-650 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 6-7weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late August, early September
Red flower: approximately 80% of the specimens

Equipment, medium and nutrients.

Root riot cubes for germination.
1 Litre square plastic pots.
7 Litre round fabric final pots.
Tropf Blumat system.
TNC MycorrMax on pot ups.
Canna coco pro+. 
Perlite.
Intense Nutrients Foundation root stim.
Remo Nutrients, full range minus Velo Kelp, hence the Foundation root stim.
Intense Nutrients Down and dirty.
Cheapo EC meter.
Bluelabs PH pen.

Propagation.

DIY veg cab measuring 60 x 55 x 115
Speed controlled 4" RVK extraction with passive intake ducting from a DIY radiator box.
6" desk fan for circulation
Large heated propagator base with no lid.
Gravel tray with propagation lid.
Dimmable 135w HLG Quantum board V2

Veg and flower.

120 x 120 x 180 tent in an uninsulated attic room. I've insulated one side in the eaves but the roof and other side are just plaster so I have a duvet and some large bubble bubble wrap draped over the tent roof to keep heat in.
TD Silent 6" 2 speed extraction with 6" Rhino pro filter.
Intake from 2 x 4" RVKs into 6" ducting through a y piece and reducers. One from the rad box and one from the veg cab. Both are speed controlled to adjust temps and humidity and also keep negative pressure in the tent. It's not brilliant but the best I can do for an attic room environment without investing in fancy controllers.
Electric blanket for keeping the roots warm, plugged into an Inkbird thermostat with probe.
RAM 3 speed oscillating fan for air movement.
There'll be one 315w CMH with a 942 daylight bulb for veg and then another 315w CMH with a 930 agro bulb added for flowering. I'll change the 942 to another 930 agro after the stretch. They are Maxibright ballasts with daylight reflectors. 

The story so far.

On New year's eve I put the root riot cubes in a small tray with lid on in the veg cab to warm them up. The cubes were already wet from the bag and I added 2ml of water with root stim added at 2ml/L. My heated prop base was set at 26C, lamp at 24" above tray lid, dimmed to 60w. The rad in the rad box was at just over half on the dial with the switch set on 2 out of 3. This was keeping the temp in the germination tray at 27C. Vents on the tray lid were taped over to keep the humidity up. After 2 hours the temp had risen to 28 so I turned the prop base down to 25. The seeds were then placed straight from the freezer into the cubes in my usual manner, 10mm deep, point down and a corner of each cube stuffed into each hole, then pushed down to come in contact with the seeds and keep them wet all around. 

1st Jan.
The Gorilla Girl cube top had dried a little so was topped up with 2ml plain water but I could see she'd already germinated within 24 hrs and her swan neck was showing in the hole. While I was waiting on them germinating I gave my tent a good clean with a mild bleach solution, ready for when the girls go in there. 

2nd Jan.
I cleaned their 1L starter pots with mild bleach solution and rinsed, then mixed some coco with 20% perlite and filled the pots. Gave them a good soaking of feed before putting in the tent to warm up.

First feed.
Magnifical to 0.6
2ml/L Root stim 0.6
Equal parts of Micro and Grow to 0.7

EC 0.7 PH'd to 6.4

3rd Jan.
All had broken the surface within 72hrs so they were potted up to the pre warmed 1L pots with a sprinkle of MycorrMax added to the holes.

large.5ff4f8de60a87_DSC_2839ER.jpg

large.5ff4f8e0c9b9e_DSC_2840ER.jpg

large.5ff4f8e38f03b_DSC_2841ER.jpg

4th Jan, day 1.
They'd all stood up by the 4th so I'll call that day 1. Conditions in the cab were 23C, pot temps 22C and RH 43%.

Gorilla Girl.

large.5ff4f901289ce_GGER.jpg

Sweet Amnesia Haze.

large.5ff4f903b5451_SAER.jpg

Tropicanna Poison F1 FV.

large.5ff4f9066dd4f_TPER.jpg

That's all for now good people. Happy New Year and best of luck to all in the comp, I'll try and catch up with your diaries when I can make the time.

Happy growing, be lucky :yep: 

• Like 19

@jadenugs in the front row for this show! Love Gorilla Girl, Sweet Seeds really capture the GG4 flavour and strength well:smokin:

Classy start mate and best of luck for this years comp:oldtoker:

• Like 5

Welcome to the competition mate ;)

I'm sure it will be fun as usual and the first post is already proof :yep:

Keep it sweet!

tommy

• Like 7

Hey up jadenugs mate. 
Cool to see you having a go at this, an as said very cool strain’s, SAH an GG being two I’d like to try sometime. 
Should be a Strong Sweet Colourful grow. 

Nicely laid out op, make’s for easy viewing.

Good luck an :rockon: dude. 

• Like 4

Be good to see the GG being grown properly....I can be a bit kackhanded these days.

I lost my sweet amnesia to rot when I tried her so be interesting to see how ye get on with her

All the best mate

• Like 4

Welcome to the competition buddy! :cowboy:

One more year in the competition... I hope you continue with the same strength as the previous editions!

Good luck!

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

• Like 4

@Sweet Seeds-tommy Thanks for the welcome mate, appreciated :yep: 

@Shumroom Cheers dude. Trying new things as usual so should be fun :smokin: 

@growinggold Cheers bud, not sure how the Blumats will fare in coco. Two options really that I can think of. Either water from the top once a week (or when I get chance) with a good run off, or do alternate tanks of feed and plain water to keep the salts down. I'll just watch the plants, take it from there and hope I can keep them healthy. I know work is gonna fuck me up big time as the hours I do are all over the place lol It would have been great if I could just hand water twice a day but never mind :bong: 

@Amo Hey up dude, thanks for popping in. I've never grown straight Amnesia haze before, just Dedoverde haze which is an Amnesia crossed with California haze and I love it. So looking forward to this one muchly ;) 

@Salty  Thanks mate. Shame you lost your Sweet Amnesia to rot, must have been nice fat colas. Dunno about GG being grown properly but thanks for the encouragement mate. As said above, coco and Blumats are new to me so it will be fun seeing how I get on with them. I'm sure that GG will blow my head off either way lol 

@Sweet Seeds Apolo Thanks for the welcome mate, it's great to be here :D 

• Like 6