Spider Mite Question

charliepotatoe

Hi all, happy new year!

So I have pulled down a grow and towards the end have spider mites.

I'm going to clean the whole room top to bottom and had an idea, 

After cleaning, if I leave my lights and heating on for 48 hours bringing the room to over 50c will it cook / kill any eggs hibernating.

I can't afford for these to come back next cycle.

Any one with experience in this blasting room with heat idea? 

Edited by charliepotatoe

Not good enough man, they like it dry and hot.  Clean that shit and clean it again.  Next grow take preventative methods and just assume you've got them again. Harker's for me. 

Edited by fatboy77

Damn it, thanks for the advice 

I mean at some point the eggs will be cooked... 60c? 70c? 

Surely they can't survive heat that begins to actually cook the proteins lol.

Pain in the ass

You just have to keep on top of things like bleach out the room every sunday and sulphur bomb it out once a month . Spray harkers on surfaces , keep hoovering up , basically be military clean. My new bottle of harkers arrived yesterday and will be drenching them out up until flower . They also don't like moisture and freezing temperatures. Keep them sprayed every other day in veg,  that helps and slows infestations , heat attracts bugs and mites to the space in my experience. 

• Like 1

you could use a fungal pathogen like botanigard....the pathogen is  Beauveria bassiana which you can get for a lot cheaper but its a hunt .....

• Like 1

It's been years since I got the "dreaded". I tried many products at the time including stuff from America that wasn't approved for use in the UK but ended up pulling down and binning all of my tents and fans ,filters lights the fucking lot basically. After about a year I started growing again and have done so without problem since. My FATAL ERROR  was to accept cuttings from someone else.

Total depression in my experience , good luck.