Seedlings are my Nemesis

Sid the Seedkiller

@Shumroom me and the Mrs love the fruit and citrus tones, we also prefer a more body effect than cerebral, but its always good to mix it up. Ive got some Lemon Silver Shining Haze, some Sweet ZZ (seedsman zkittlez) and a Gelat OG in flower at the mo. Last run was Amnesia and a Bubba Kush plant. 

And thanks for the info mate! 

• Like 1

Spot on. Those 3 look grand. Look like they are just about ready for a good drink and will appreciate a good soaking each time now they are sturdy. Couple more days and ready for a repot.

Jobs a good un. Nemesis beaten.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Spot on. Those 3 look grand. Look like they are just about ready for a good drink and will appreciate a good soaking each time now they are sturdy. Couple more days and ready for a repot.

Jobs a good un. Nemesis beaten.

Thanks so much mate. The advice was spot on. Exactly what I needed. Really happy with how they are going. Top man!

• Like 2

@blackpoolbouncer I think I may have soaked them too early.... :wallbash: The lower single leaves (not cotlydon) have started getting a little rusty on the tips. Im guessing that's root trouble from being too wet. I'm going to transplant them in a day or so into 6 inch pots and let them settle in for a few days until I water again. Would you water to runoff from the start in a 6 inch pot or work up to it? 

Cheers mate. 

@Sid the Seedkiller my bet is they have well rooted the pots now and thats your indication they are hungry. Just a hunch. 

if plants aren't drooping/sad looking you wont be overwatering them mate and that won't be whats causing the blemish you describe. I could ask for a pic but I bet its not needed tbh. 

If they are ready for reporting and have a nice rootball of roots you will be grand. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@Sid the Seedkiller my bet is they have well rooted the pots now and thats your indication they are hungry. Just a hunch. 

if plants aren't drooping/sad looking you wont be overwatering them mate and that won't be whats causing the blemish you describe. I could ask for a pic but I bet its not needed tbh. 

If they are ready for reporting and have a nice rootball of roots you will be grand. 

Thanks mate, reassuring to know you don't think its O/W, I'll get them in 6 inchers tomorrow. Sorry to ask again mate but would you water to runoff straight away once they are in 6 inch pots? 

Just now, Sid the Seedkiller said:

Thanks mate, reassuring to know you don't think its O/W, I'll get them in 6 inchers tomorrow. Sorry to ask again mate but would you water to runoff straight away once they are in 6 inch pots? 

Can do mate yeah. If your plants are healthy and well rooted they will fly through the compost of new pots and soon drink it up. 

Might take 3 or 4 days first time watering and the frequency will reduce each time. 

You only overwater when watering to saturation if you water again before it dries out enough. 

Edit. If ya wanna chuck a pic up i don't mind checking before you pot on mate 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Can do mate yeah. If your plants are healthy and well rooted they will fly through the compost of new pots and soon drink it up. 

Might take 3 or 4 days first time watering and the frequency will reduce each time. 

You only overwater when watering to saturation if you water again before it dries out enough. 

Edit. If ya wanna chuck a pic up i don't mind checking before you pot on mate 

Cheers mate, I never water until the pots are light anyway. Learnt the hard way with that one too many times. Never again. Who needs a schedule anyway.... lol

I'll chuck a pic up of the little ones tomorrow morning buddy. Would definitely like to get your advice before I pot some soil.  Cheers again. 

• Like 1

@blackpoolbouncer  Grabbed a quick pic mate, you can't really see the rustyness as well in the picture, but I think you can get the idea. Just the bottom set. They were watered today as well. large.600873c920d2c_20210120_180932-Copy.jpg

Edited by Sid the Seedkiller

@blackpoolbouncer this is what I was talking about mate, on the lower leaves. Not so much the paleness, I know that's nitrogen. I was more concerned about the rusty spots, although they are much harder to see in the picture than when actually looking at them. What do you think? Am I worrying over nothing? 

large.600953ab9b75c_20210121_090415-Copy.jpglarge.600953a3db176_20210121_090355-Copy.jpg

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@Sid the Seedkiller all good mate. Just letting you know they are ready for either a bit of food or a repot. 

Looking fine and dandy mate

Legendary, thanks again mate. You've been a massive help buddy, much appreciated. 

• Like 1