Drying advice please

blueovalbug

Happy new year every one hope your all OK. 

So I'm going to be chopping within the next week and need to pick yours brains.. So I grow in a 1.2 tent 4 plants the tent is in my outhouse which is bloody cold this time of year usually I would hang my buds in one of then 5 tier net things but it takes ages to dry I won't be harvesting all 4 in one nite is there any way I could dry inside the tent were its warmer iv always believed drying in the light was bad sorry if this has been spoken about before.. 

you could just trim one and leave the lights off now and do one per day they should be fine if you can keep the temps stable or you could just pull all the big leaf off take a few hours maybe and then hang them all ready for a final trim in average 2 weeks 

Umm I kinda take all the big tops out first then give em another week so the light can get in to the smaller stuff iv got on fine before hanging them outside the tent it's just cold and takes ages to dry 

On 1/1/2021 at 5:15 PM, growinggold said:

A slow dry Is a good dry. Take your time.

To an extent, I've had entire crops get mould from trying to dry them in a cold damp workshop.

Definitely dry in the dark, if the temps are too low then why not get a heater? You could use a big cardboard box or whatever so you don't have to heat the whole shed (make some ventilation holes top and bottom) with a small tube heater (15 quid from screw fix) set it up a day or 2 early so you can tweak the heater to hold a good temp (16-20c) and get a hygrometer with memory so you can check your min and max temp and humidity.

Edited by MindSoup

Alternatively use a box with the extraction from the tent blowing into it, may well end up too warm/ too much airflow but could be worth a try. I'm assuming you're not worried about smell/ the filter in your tent does a good enough job, when drying in the shed (but outside the tent).