Dab rigs

Spark93

Anyone have any opinions on the Dr Dabber Switch?

I use one and think its great but have very little experience with dab rigs and have no idea if there are better options.

My review of the Switch - it blows my head off if I put on high setting, nice flavours with mid-low temp settings, warms up in 5 seconds, has 25+ settings, easy to clean the induction cup, battery lasts quite a while.

Negatives - bit pricey (not compared to Mothership Glass), the glass bowl is not the easiest to clean, not the most ethical company (received some dodgy marketing Emails aimed at school kids), it is a bit big, spares and accessories sent from USA.

Newish to concentrates - enjoying them very much since quitting tobacco

:haveadab:

• Like 1

@QuintinQuick

Don't have a Dr dabber but what are you looking for wrt better options? Stronger, more portable etc etc.

Also, what is your budget?

What type of concentrate?

I'm also newish  but have jumped in.  Fortunately I received a small and unexpected financial bonus last year and have now spent it all on a rosin press and flowerpot. Best purchases I've made in a long time!

• Like 1

Hey @M Pamplemousse How goes?

Good question! - not sure what else I am looking for regarding dabbing, waiting to try live rosin/resin - I'm very pleased with the Switch, but have never tried a traditional rig with blow-torch and want to hear a comparison with an induction rig (ie the Switch).

I have nice bong sitting here and do not know if it is worth the expense of turning that into a rig!

Basically, I guess, I was hoping someone would say that they've tried lost of dab rigs and the Switch is as good as any other type.

Mid range kinda budget, not the £9k Mothership budget but not cheap Chinese imports either, (those AliBaba type sites are a bit hit and miss I've found).

Concentrate of choice - Rosin :) just the name makes me smile now, its that good (IMO).

Me too dude, bought a small press and never looked back :)

• Like 1

Soc peak vapes on amazon for £90 i have one and they work very well you just need a couple of extra atomizers just in case as ive managed to break mine,, i purged my shatter at 88f and its retained all the the loverly terps and flavour and it tastes the bollox

Edited by ravsta
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mellow glass cone and my trusty Healthy Rips Fierce. Hits like a goodun :yep:

Had it for about 2 years now after winning it in a raffle and i haven’t dropped it yet.......yet. lol 

:smokin:

BFA1C39F-2FDE-4063-8534-7D6FBD670C8C.jpeg

Edited by lildaveham
Double pic
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
Just now, lildaveham said:

@ratdog

This one helped me give up smoking anything at all. Its now been over a year.

:yep:

that does look rather fucking cool, how much is that lot?

@ratdog

The Healthy rips Feirce was £260 but ordered from the US so add customs onto that.

The mellow glass cone i won in a raffle so didnt cost me owt. Iirc they go for about £200.

Alternatively you could get a Healthy rips Fury from vapefiend and a cheap bong. Same outcome but more battery charging and cheaper.

Or a Minivap maybe i hear they are good too.

:yep:

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 1