Dab rigs

Spark93

Had a blast of a dab rig and really liked it , seems to be a lot less hassle than skinning up and what not and a much better kick from it. 

looking to get a rig set up 

I have seen some online for £25-100 but is it really worth spending £100+ on one ? 

is there any kits that are resonable price that you can change parts on etc ? 

14 minutes ago, Spark93 said:

I have seen some online for £25-100 but is it really worth spending £100+ on one ? 

It depends on how clumsy you are. lol  There are some lovely looking rigs out there but unless you're really lucky, you can only drop them or knock them over once. 

My posh one is cracked but useable, the cheap one has lasted for years without incident. lol  

• Like 6

It's a great form of goodness consumed  in a safer way.

I'm purchasing my 3rd piece of glass today as it happens...

It can start to get a tad pricey but if you buy wisely, should last a while cepting any clumsy accidents.

Glass pipes are anything from £20 upwards to 1000's. I generally spend around 40 to 60 quid off either EU based online shops or via any of the Chinese buying sites. Generally cheaper but you wait 4 weeks for delivery, may be more at the moment.

At least one carb cap is needed (directional).

Couple of bangers. Again prices range but a decent one can be had for a tenner. Again, you can spend a lot more.

Depending on how close you like a very hot banger to your nose when drawing, a drop down may be needed and these have a habit of breaking.

Decent torch is essential.

Unless doing cold dabs, an ir temp gun handy to get the temps in range.

You could go e nail route. I have one also on my flowerpot and to be honest my torch rarely comes out now, such is the brilliance of the fp....

Chuck in a couple of terp balls and you are sorted. Oh, you will.need to buy shares in eco cotton buds as you will.be using a fair few....

Also consider one of the mod based atomisers and avoid needing so much kit whilst being mobile.... I use my M22 much more than my rig. It fits in.my pocket and hits like a rocket. But it is expensive.....

But the key question is you need to ensure you can access good quality concentrate to justify your expenditure....

I'm a convert and smoke one tenth of what I used to, and that's only cause the missus won't vape but she is quitting her one shared in an evening tomorrow so just vaping and eating for me from then on....

I've even made a rosin press and am now playing with live rosin, which is simply amazing. 

This site is both a blessing and a curse! 

Anyway, there are some real knowledgeable people on here can help.out.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.....

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling
  • Like 4

My old Dabstorm from vapfiend works well with a vapmod attached as the wiring went in the orig ceramic  bowl:yep: cheap but dont know if still avalible

Edited by Personunknown
missed text

Its subjective how much a glass art sets you back...

If your someone that smokes extracts exclusively everyday you`ll usually find they have an array of glass ranging from the cheaper side of glass to glass that costs thousands...

I have a couple of rigs used to have 3 but got rid of one last month...i love Dok glass work and thats what glass i go for...they range between £750.00 and £2,000,00. 

Here's my latest addition...

Me and Dok both came up with this design its a mix of some of his styles and particularly the style he won the European flame off with...i hand picked the glass colour its Gold ruby by multanura and was the last of the colour rods at the time in the states...

large.20201220_200709.jpglarge.20201108_110825.jpg

Farmer G 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, FARMER G said:

large.20201220_200709.jpglarge.20201108_110825.jpg

Farmer G 

Beautiful. Way outside my price range but stunning. Seeing as I broke my fav whisky glass yesterday (I use it for my sipping rum), I couldn't use such a piece of art. Iove the work some of these artisans are producing...

• Like 3

@FARMER G They are truely stunning, i could'nt have one though as my clumsey O/h dropped my ltr french press on tues then droped a pepper grinder on my one cup one yesterday :(

now waiting for del of new ltr one getting jittery no real coffee unless i find filter papers till arrival, amazingly she aint smashed her gin glass (YET) :)

• Like 2

Well that's just it...im ubber careful when the glass is out and tbf i sit it inside my pelican case wedged in so i know its not going anywhere , but yes ive had friends break there £700 quid rigs before...

Farmer G 

I picked up a Dr dabber ghost. it's portable so I can take it out to the beach. does the job sweet. I couldn't be faffed with the torch method and the electric nails were out of my price range. I am a heavy user though so I have to charge and clean regularly, in hindsight a larger one would've been better but was only £150 so who's moaning amd was my first wade into dabbing.  ill never go back to joints

@FARMER G Stunning piece mate! The bits on the side have got a right 'cosmic titty' vibe :yep: 

I'm ultra careful with nice, expensive things but... I also have a cat and a clumsy missus lol 

• Like 2

Puffco pro if you've got a wedge, they're amazing. 

My local headshop cost me £35 for everything I needed to dab bar the oil itself 

Theres even a corner shop selling rigs now lol £20 a pop, China glass but does the trick 

• Like 1

Now, if I were single and money was no object I'd be going for this $9000 beauty by Mothership Glass :alien2:

large.man-can-dream2.jpglarge.man-can-dream.jpg

Imagine dropping that! :shock:

• Like 7