Dov's New Year "Sweet Shop" Sweet Seeds Competition Grow!

Dov1

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Crap news mate,

I was wondering if it's safe to use that stuff if they've started producing pre flowers?

Atb

:yinyang:

Ah I know, still least it's early in. 

SMC is all safe to use just wouldn't want it on buds when they start forming, atm im looking at 2 - 8 pistils per plant so no issue, its also organic in ingredients which is great. 

Edited by Dov1
  • Like 2

Update day 20:

No picture today as there is no change from yesterday's one, the SMC had dried faster than expected so gave the plants another soaking of mixture and also watered each girl 2L per plant with 2ml root juice and 3ml of grow

Ive also tucked a few larger leaves on each plant to expose the smaller ones, im holding off the LST during treatment and just using tucking to gain a similar effect.

The saturated soil should also help ward off the spidermites.

Catch you tomorrow for another spidermite treatment update! 

Edited by Dov1
  • Like 7

Powering away mate... nice and tidy.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the SMC at this stage... it's not as if dealer weed is ever treated eh?

My mate was a bastard for the Borg... you could see the dead mites with a scope in the dried bud.

He put it down to his cats.

ATB with the eradication

PR

• Like 3

Day 21 update:

Its day 3 of the treatment and the girls are doing okay, today saw another round of spray on the underside of all 4 plants. 

I have not checked under them as I don't want to disturb anything im going to continue daily treatment for the next week. 

The HPS light has been lowered back down to provide enough light again as I am not spraying the top of the leaves anymore. 

Temps are staying between 21c and 25c.

Tent on the 22nd Jan:

large.600b2ac69f01c_20210122_174012_compress64(1).jpg

Catch you in a few days when we have checked each plant for any further pests. 

:pitchfork:

Edited by Dov1
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Dov1 said:

today saw another round of spray on the underside of all 4 plants. 

Give 'em a bloody good all round soaking mate (your lights are high enough but nevertheless still probably best to do just before lights out (even if that's only for 1 hour, that's long enough for it to evaprorate)). Go full attack on the buggers for the next week or so, don't let the bastards get a foothold!

• Like 1

Day 22 update: 

So the girls look good and we seem to be winning the battle!

I removed some leaves from each plant today and inspected each under a x30 magnifier and a x60 magnifier finding no spidermites.

I decided as such I'd start the LST back up.

Each plant also received another round of treatment on their underside and stems.

The Red Poison has had the most removed in terms of leaves but the new growth seems to be catching up nicely.

large.600c6179de71c_20210123_170451_compress97(1).jpg

The second in terms of leaf removal was the Crystal Candy but again the new growth is catching up nicely.

large.600c617c894c4_20210123_170504_compress83(1).jpg

The Black Cream is exploding in growth on the other hand and has just had some lower leaves removed that had been touching the soil.large.600c617eadccd_20210123_170511_compress34(1).jpg

Our other Black Cream is just behind but also growing fast.large.600c61807ed10_20210123_170527_compress73(1).jpg

I will be continue to treat the plants daily for at least another week to make sure anything there has died and any eggs are encased in the dried SMC spray.

Tent on the 23rd Jan:

large.600c61827e7e3_20210123_170816_compress12(1).jpg

@Punta Roja Thanks! Looks like im winning the battle so fingers crossed none for the buds!

@mrrichietCheers, for sure they are going to be soaked daily for a while and the before lights out idea is good ill try that!

Thanks for reading, see you next time for another update!

:smokin:

• Like 9

Day 28 update:

So it's been a few days since I've updated and have stopped the SMC treatment, unfortunately one of the Black Creams took a turn for the worse from this and has been binned. The Red Poison and Crystal Candy have shown minimal growth during treatment however I  can no longer find any spidermites or eggs. Let's hope its the end of them. In future grows I won't be as heavy with the SMC as I don't think I needed to and instead has had a adverse effect. If there is a next time I'll try treatment every 2/3 days. To let the plant recover.

I have now stopped spraying with SMC. 

As for growth the remaining Black Cream, our strongest plant from the start has taken its beating and continued to grow great.

The plants have been watered every 2/3 days when pots went light and have been given 2L water with 4ML of Biobizz Grow.

Temps have remained between 20c and 25c

large.6013d149abaa9_19(1).jpg

Excuse the shadow lines they are not dark spots but a effect the light has on the camera.

On another shitter I tested the new CDM light and the ballast is buggered so waiting for a replacement to be sent out, respectfully if the Red Poison and Crystal Candy don't make some movements by day 35 ill just keep going with the 250w HPS and enjoy a smaller harvest.

Thanks for checking in on this grow, let's hope i get some better luck as we continue into the flowing stages next week.

• Like 9

Day 34 update:

We have entered the stretch and the spidermites are for sure gone now, no signs of any new harm or eggs or mites.

Our sweet shop has turned into "The Black Cream Coffee Shop Grow" honestly the Crystal Candy and Red Poison had taken a beating from the mites and SMC spray it wasn't worth going on with them. Fortunately I have 2 more of each seed to run next time hopefully with some more luck.

However we are persisting with the Black Cream that has taken all this beating and remained strong and continued growth throughout treatment, lets see if she turns into a beast of a plant.

She has been watered every 2/3 days when the pots light for 3L and a nutrient mix, this week we are on 6ml grow 3ml bloom.

Temps are between 20c and 25c

I will be continuing with just the 250w HPS the lights are still on a constant 18on/6off rotation 

large.601c519b73edf_24(1).jpglarge_24.jpglarge.601c519d76f7a_24(2).jpg

Catch you soon for more from this Black Cream! 

:bong:

Edited by Dov1
  • Like 10

Day 37 update:

The Black Cream is doing great entering flower and stretching. She's taken lovely to the LST and has plenty main branchs to bring a nice harvest. My aim is to get 100g from her!

large.60205df992e91_30(1).jpg

Since our last update she has been watered twice, 3L of water each time with 7.5ml of grow and 6ml of bloom per watering.

The temps have been between 22c and 26c

Humidity has remained under 45% i don't really do much about humidity unless we are in full flower and use a dehumidifier to keep it low.

I have removed some lower leaves that did not get any light.

large.60205df7ad2ba_29(1).jpglarge_29.jpglarge_30.jpg

On the note of flowering we have many pistils now and she has also started to show some lovely dark purple colours.

large.60205dfb30dca_30(2).jpglarge.60205dfe9f33e_29(2).jpg

Join me next time when we will have a lot more stretch growth and colour to the plant! 

:hippy:

• Like 12