Week 6

A little late but my iPhone has broke and chrome on android doesn't have have the option to resize so I had to find an app to do it instead. Thank god for photo puma. 

Anway

Big poison

large.DSC_0032.JPGlarge.DSC_0033.JPGlarge.DSC_0034.JPG

As you can see there are some holes in the net but the side is full. Lots of tops off one plant. 

The GG

large.DSC_0027.JPGlarge.DSC_0029.JPG

Leaving the rest to go for a few more days. 

The veg area

large.DSC_0026.JPG

Rocky 

large.DSC_0019.JPGlarge.DSC_0020.JPG

This one should have no issues reaching the net. I've started her on silicon as well as calmag due to the extended veg period and the normal grow nute. The main stem on this plant is solid and she is growing fast. She really needs to go into bloom soon to keep her short. I did want to veg her longer as both plants in the bloom closet could ha e been bigger than they are so hopefully this time she will reach over half way instead of about 40% of the total height. The plants in bloom were my first time training like this so I didn't know what to expect in the way of stretch. 

Adrienne 

large.DSC_0023.JPGlarge.DSC_0024.JPGlarge.DSC_0025.JPG

She is very spindly. As you can see I've had to lifer her on a kids toy pan I had lying around just to keep her tops getting some light. I've pulled her arms back out as much as I can so all the spindly stuff in the middle can get some light. She'll have all the veg area to herself soon so I should be able to keep veging her to get a decent size in her. She has the same as rocky but also she is getting advance nutrients revive o too of the calmag/silicone/grow just to make sure she has everything needed to keep recovering. 

There is an auto somewhere in there but I couldn't get it out easy. 

• Like 6

Week 7

The gorilla girl is down, I don't have scales to weigh her and I've smoked most of it but here are the pictures I do have. 

large.DSC_0040.JPGlarge.DSC_0075.JPGlarge.DSC_0043.JPGlarge.DSC_0035.JPGiuslarge.DSC_0037.JPG

It may have been a bit early but its not at all racy. 

It still has some citrus taste to it but there is definitely cookie gas over the top. It's not really lemon, more tangerine and has something else I can't recognise. It's very sweet, really gets you at the back of the nose. Makes you sneeze every time you sniff the bag. 

The buds are rock solid. As you can see from the first photos they definitely have bag appeal. Just wish I had more. 

• Like 5

The bloom closet

I've had to move rocky over as she was getting too big. The big poison and the auto gelato look nice as well. I'll update the veg area later and do a better update in a few days. 

So rocky on its own, then in the drobe, then the auto is sticking up in the last. 

large.DSC_0046.JPGlarge.DSC_0049.JPGlarge.DSC_0058.JPGlarge.DSC_0059.JPG

• Like 5

Week 8

The auto has gone. It weighed 67 grams wet and 15g dry so half an ounce from the smallest pot I have. I'm impressed to be honest and as it was just snuck in at the side for shits and giggles an extra half of firey weed is a real winner. 

large.DSC_0078.JPGlarge.DSC_0079.JPGlarge.DSC_0082.JPG

She was pretty and what a root ball.

Adrienne 

She has pulled herself right around and is growing fast, she drinks about a litre a day and is growing about an inch too. 

large.DSC_0083.JPGlarge.DSC_0085.JPG

As you can see she is much bigger now, she is low in the pot so looks smaller than she is. Ive had to weave some branches around to even her out but she has a nice shape to her now. She is getting silicon now and it's making a big difference. She is taking grow and calmag at full strength doses and seems to be happy with it. Another two weeks vegging for her before she can make it in to flower but she isn't showing any issues now so will be fine to flower. Considering how sickly she was, small and lobsidded with only a few strong branches. She is looking great. Hopefully she'll be big. 

Bloom closet

large.DSC_0087.JPG

Rocky

Probably the wrong name for a girl but just look at her.

large.DSC_0092.JPGlarge.DSC_0090.JPGlarge.DSC_0089.JPG

She is a week into stretch now, her main stem looks great, all the branches are going to get through the net this time. The first two plants I did this with I hadn't vegged long enough so only a few main tops made it through the net (as you will see below), I could lower it but the plants need to be taller. I have more height so I need to use it. Rocky and Adrienne should be much better sizes than the first two so the issue should have gone. She has a wonderful smell and has no gassy funk like the others, not showing pink anywhere through her stems though so she may be a green pheno, time will tell. 

Big poison 

Big poison was flipped on the 12th of Jan so she is 39 days in or 5 and a half weeks so hopefully under two weeks left. large.DSC_0093.JPGlarge.DSC_0096.JPGlarge.DSC_0097.JPG

Now the GG is out the other smells from her are coming through. She smells of red wine, forest fruits and gas. If you smell a handful of fan leaves though they smell of fresh bananas. Her lower flowers are a bit purple but her tops are still more green. Hopefully she will purple up more over the next two weeks.

The tops mostly look nice but I messed up and didn't notice a couple of leaves covering the top of one of the four main branches. If you look at the top photo, the top right top. I thought this was the top of a main branch but it was a side branch and its leaves were covering the top of the main stems bud so it looks like this

large.DSC_0099.JPG

She's really tiny, hopefully she'll put on a bit of weight but otherwise she's screwed. I'll be able to show it later when I can cut the plant out but it just shows how important removing or tucking away leaves that cover prime bud sites is. There are three other main stems and plenty of tops on the other branches but it's still annoying. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Cracking job @Whatwentwrong:yep:

Thanks mate, need more space now. I learnt something really scary the other day. One tree horticulture accept PayPal so that means you can do the pay in three with them. This means I'll be throwing a few hundred at some new kit next month. Got the last payment for the kids Xmas pressies this month then new tent and even more grow lights. Wohoo. May even buy a set of intense as my current base nutes are running low. 

• Like 4

Really lovely buds @Whatwentwrong 

Hahaha good to hear about a the new gear, this hobbie certainly can suck ya money out the bank. I will not buy any more seeds. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 4

Just now, growinggold said:

Really lovely buds @Whatwentwrong 

Hahaha good to hear about a the new gear, this hobbie certainly can sick ya money

Thanks mate, and yeah, it's supposed to save us money. Doesn't quite work out like that. lol and the pay in three at one Tree may prove fatal. 

• Like 3

Week 9

The veg cupboard 

large.DSC_0121.JPGlarge.DSC_0122.JPG

Adrienne is getting huge. She is really bushy. I'll be giving her a good prune after first week of stretch. Can't really see in there at the minute. To think she almost got binned. 

Bloom closet 

Rocky first

large.DSC_0116.JPGlarge.DSC_0120.JPGlarge.DSC_0118.JPGlarge.DSC_0119.JPG

Lots of tops showing. She's clearly going to be bigger than the one next to it. Stacking up nicely on the main branches and everything is growing through the net. I had to chop off some branches that were lagging but all the ones left are solid. Her stems are twice as thick as the one next to her. Silicone makes a noticeable difference. 

Big poison. 

She's basically done so I ha e started taking some parts down out of the center to let light reach the lowers of the biggest branches. 

large.DSC_0110.JPGlarge.DSC_0111.JPGlarge.DSC_0112.JPGlarge.DSC_0113.JPGlarge.DSC_0114.JPG

As you can see her buds are really fat and the stems would have never stood a chance at holding them up without the net. 

large.DSC_0130.JPG

No chance at all. 

I've done a wet trim on it

large.DSC_0109.JPGlarge.DSC_0108.JPG

Colours are wonderful. I went into sun light to try and get them. The plant is foxtailing like mad at the minute but I'm going to leave the rest to go 49 days or more to see how it finishes. 

• Like 8

large.DSC_0108.JPGlarge.DSC_0126.JPGlarge.DSC_0127.JPG

Thanks @growinggold. Really tasty. They have that sweet, back of the nose, instant sneeze thing that the gorilla girl and gelato did too. Not sure if it's a trait of sweet seeds, thought it may have been a clever name but the three strains Ive grown are all sweet tasting. They don't half shrink though don't they (just looked for a "oh fuck my buds are about a third the size they where yesterday" emoji but there wasn't one. Only the wanker sign feels suitable for the feeling you get when you see how small they ended up) 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 7

Have had one issue though. My little brother (who quit weed for good two months ago) has just asked me to buy him some weed. 

It costs us too much which is why I started growing it and I know he can't afford it which is why he quit. So, that really tasty bud that I just spent 48hrs speed drying. 3hrs on radiator, 1 hour on side, two hours in a jar. Then repeat until your going to sleep then leave in the jar over night so it doesn't dry out completely. Then begin again.

The final result doesn't have the taste a proper dry and cure has but I feel, if you look at the last picture above, it does OK. Far better than a microwave or grill speed dry. OK it takes a day or so of constant messing around but less than the week standard dry. (don't forget the jar, it's all about equalising moisture within the bud so the outside is the same moistness as the inside. When drying, by any method, the outside dries first before the inside. So when the outside of the buds feel crispy but the bud it's self feels squidgy, stick it in a jar for a while and the moisture will wick from the center of the bud to the outside. This means you can start drying again knowing you are drawing the moisture out. If you think you have ruined a bud as well by leaving it out. Just get it in a jar for a night or two and see the difference). 

Anyway, I've just had to chop another bloody branch down and start again. I think you all know why without me saying it. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 7

Just some more pictures of the big poison before she comes down and because she looks so good. 

Not sure how much longer to leave them. It's a 6-7week flower and they are on day 49. The buds I've already taken will have you asleep within 3 spliffs. I've literally just woke up again and I only got up properly at 10am. So, do I leave it as a couple of leaves have just started turning purple or take it down tonight as the lower buds look done and the tops are just foxtailing like mad. 

large.DSC_0140.JPGlarge.DSC_0139.JPGlarge.DSC_0144.JPGlarge.DSC_0145.JPGlarge.DSC_0146.JPGlarge.DSC_0147.JPGlarge.DSC_0148.JPGlarge.DSC_0150.JPGlarge.DSC_0151.JPG

Maybe a bit longer. 

• Like 6

They are definitely pink buds you just struggle to see them under the leaves and the frost. 

• Like 1