Piss off PH down

Wrist Stem 420

I'm sick to death using too much ph down in my coco grows , leaving a faint acidic taste in my mouth. I think it has an effect on taste and smell on the overall product. It also takes longer to dry and cure . How can i circumnavigate away from ph'ing my water ? I have heard of people not using ph in with canna coco. Or is there any tricks to get my water stable away from battery acid. Cheers.

Edited by Wrist Stem 420
  • Like 1

Im finding Im not having to use ph down at the moment and when I do its only minimal. The last 2 weeks or so you shouldn't need it so will flush it out surely??

You could use citric acid - there's a product called Earth Juice that is just that and natural

20 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

What's the pH of your water? And what are you adjusting down to? What feed are you using? 

21 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

What's the pH of your water? And what are you adjusting down to? What feed are you using? 

Canna coco a n b about 8-9 ph to 5.5 - 6.5 . Im just trying to get away from ph down completely mate .

Find a feed that is suitable for your water (canna obviously isn't if your pH comes out at8 or 9 after adding nutrients) and as long as it falls between 6 and 7 pH I would just forget about it. All nutrients are cheated and coir comes buffered, as you've eperienced trying to get the pH bang on the nose just makes for really shit weed.

So to recap: Get a nutrient thats suitable for your water, as long as pH is between 6 and 7 forget about it.

• Like 8

8 - 9 is really high, whats your normal water like? you drink that stuff!!!

I have seen a really high ph when the water company flush down chlorine to clean the pipes, try running your taps for longer before filling your jugs and leave the water for 24 hours too. I also fill my jugs after feeding so they have 24 hours before adding my nutes. As i mentioned above, Im using vitalink and at the moment, with A&B, cal mag and rott stim, my ph is 6.2 with no adjustment

• Like 1

As @GSZZ mentioned, the right food should bring your solution into a good range without the need for adjusting. 

My tap water is pH 7.5 - 8... after adding feed (Grower's Ark) it goes down to pH 6. I'm happy with anything between 6 and 7. 

• Like 3

Im just going to bubble up some water over night and add some A n B . Thats all im going to do . Just forked out 40 quid on 5 litre a n b . Im going to see how they grow . Some people swear by not using ph down . 

30 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Find a feed that is suitable for your water (canna obviously isn't if your pH comes out at8 or 9 after adding nutrients) and as long as it falls between 6 and 7 pH I would just forget about it. All nutrients are cheated and coir comes buffered, as you've eperienced trying to get the pH bang on the nose just makes for really shit weed.

So to recap: Get a nutrient thats suitable for your water, as long as pH is between 6 and 7 forget about it.

Are you on the growers ark pal? Its literally blue 8ph on the indicator after adding nutes , then have to add a lot of drops to bring it down into yellow . Do you use ph down mate? 

just switch to growing in organic soil, and save the headache all together :bangin: i literally have never looked back since the switch don't bother with ph at all, just water with rain water, pre mix the soil at the start and then a little top dress beginning of flower.lol 

• Like 1

Just now, dankazzauk88 said:

just switch to growing in organic soil, and save the headache all together :bangin: i literally have never looked back since the switch don't bother with ph at all, just water with rain water, pre mix the soil at the start and then a little top dress beginning of flower.lol 

I like how they grow in coco mate. I don't like the woody looking low yield with organic plants. Im always sticking with coco , the water has a variation in ph and other changes,only run into this problem lately.

• Like 1

each to their own i suppose, however disagree completely with yield and or woody looking comment,  my best yields have all been soil, and the final product is much better imo.

hydro generally a harsher smoke too. 

however defiantly grow much much faster i agree.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, dankazzauk88 said:

each to their own i suppose, however disagree completely with yield and or woody looking comment,  my best yields have all been soil, and the final product is much better imo.

hydro generally a harsher smoke too. 

however defiantly grow much much faster i agree.

No difference if you cure for a good duration. Just takes time for all the elements in the plant material to dissipate . If you started a same cutting and grew it side by side, organic and coco. The coco plant would yield better easily .

Edited by Wrist Stem 420

46 minutes ago, Wrist Stem 420 said:

Im just going to bubble up some water over night and add some A n B . Thats all im going to do . Just forked out 40 quid on 5 litre a n b . Im going to see how they grow . Some people swear by not using ph down . 

38 minutes ago, Wrist Stem 420 said:

Are you on the growers ark pal? Its literally blue 8ph on the indicator after adding nutes , then have to add a lot of drops to bring it down into yellow . Do you use ph down mate? 

Dont use an air stone in your water unless you are doing something like DWC or NFT. pH stands for potential hydrogen, whilstever you're adding h20 (the H being hydrogen) into the water, you're just continually adding hydrogen and increasing the pH. Try just mixing it by hand or if its too large use a circulation pump like a maxijet. I have a feeling that your issue will be less intense when you throw that useless air stone/pump in the bin.

Yes I am on the Growers Ark, I don't even bother pHing anything anymore - when I moved into my current address I borrowed a pals pH pen just to check that it would fall between 6 and 7 at 3ml/l and 4ml/l - when it did I gave it him back and never thought about it again.

• Like 11

Ahh dear, do you think I will have issues further down the line @GSZZ I use a airstone in my blumat water tank. Everything seems okay so far :/

Edited by growinggold