is it worth cooking with vaped bud?

ramblingmadman

Just upgraded as the other halfs crafty battery died. She got a new mighty, and mighty it indeed is!!

Even better hits than the crafty, and the battery lasts MUCH longer.

We've been vaping morre as I've been also using it. She said we should keep the used bud to cook with and eat.

Is it worth it? , as I guess it's already decarbed ( and beyond.....is there anything good left in it after vaping ? She uses 180, me a bit higher)

If it is worth using, what's the best way , and how strong might it be?

Cheers in advance

• Like 6

am just now in the middle of making edibles, jar of coconut oil with 62 gram of good trim/popcorn, i vape both bubblehash and bud and if ever i cant grow my own i might stoop to ingesting spent bud/hash or even re-vape it, so if you dont grow and have an abundance just do it

• Like 2

Guest theokoles

long time no speak @ramblingmadman hope you and the fam are doing ok?

i don't know about cooking with it, don't see why not mate.. i often put my vaped bud from my solo into my jack daniels? it hits the spot.. i only vape on 4 or 5 max though..you can see theres still some goodness left in it, just.. :hippy:

Used to make flap jack with abv , wiped a few hardened tokers glued to the seat:mellow: also trial and whitey or not as to amounts:haveadab:

• Like 3

Save it up until you have a jar full, then pop it in a large simmering pan full of water, and a small amount of fat (butter - coconut oil - cocoa butter etc) into the mix for a few hours. 

Then strain and let the fat set on the top of the water when cold. The larger amount of water will act as a carrier, and the small amount of fat will scoop up all the active ingredients you want. 

:yep:

• Like 5

I put my vaped weed in a jar and when i have just enough  (trial and error is the only way to work this out but more is better ) i put it in a slow cooker with enough olive oil to cover the weed then about another thumb nails worth - this is all very scientific hahaha - cook on low for 8hours make sure you check on it every hour or so add a spash more oil if its dry and then then pass it through a muslin 

You can then use the infused oil in cakes, chillie con carne, with garlic and chillie to dip bread in.... a ham sandwich... its limitless really

BE WARNED too much olive oil make you go ...

Edited by JungleGeorge
  • Like 2

What can you do with coconut oil when youve cooked up your shizzle? I got about a pound of AVB...I keep it to remind myself how much I toke in a year lol - never needed to, or even considered using, what could be called 'spent' material - however, waste not want not, in a 'way way too disposeable' world... I recycle just about everything else either in the compost bin, or processed differently, but until now...not this. Funnily enough :D

If you could get mango oil that would be about the best delivery sytem ever, with the terpene conjunction and the hugely inflammatory results to your high, it would be a no brainer lol

In the meantime, i can get coconut oil, rapeseed oil, oiliveoil, nut oil wehatever, just interested in 'applications'...

Very cool thread for thrift :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@zeroGYou could put it in anything you like. For me it would have to be in something with a strong flavour to cover the taste of coconut like an curry with  mango chutney or ginger and mango bread.

A few years ago "my guy"  used to sell gelatine pills full of weed infused coconut oil which were mega pokey put my wife on a huge whitey, she was trying to get me to take her to A and E. 

Ive also been thinking about if i could do a solvent extraction on avb so i might give that a go but alcohol extraction is so messy ive been putting if off 

• Like 1

IME solvent extractions and ice hashs are about snapping trich heads off and collecting them, the solven dissolves more, but the longer you have your material in the solvent, the more of the junk you take with it. I make BHO and ISO, as well as Ice - so I doubted the available thcs rtc to be of any use...then I read about folks spooning it into their muesli...in youhurt, and gettting totally zonked... but I'd like to be corrected, obviously...

Ive made butter, but both myself and my wife were a bit meh - obviously we got it wrong, or were just totally tolleranced to the strains we used. I used good, propper frosty and a high bud content trim too...In fact I was so not bothered i think its still in the bottom of the freezer, 7/8/9 years later lol ? Its butter, reduced to just fat, infused with THC(s) - the dairy is fossilized away years ago lol ...I had a chunk the other month as it happens, with honey on toast. That was better.

This, from what I read, as its decarboxolated (corrections pls) should hit me outa the park...   ???

• 2 months later...

I always keep my AVB. I infuse it into coconut oil, as others have stated you can then use it in any way you like. As well as the usual uses, I use the infused coconut oil on things like cold sores, stings from nettles/insects, mouth ulcers, small cuts and small burns, it's fantastic at relieving pain. These days I never vape above 195C, I normally just leave my Mighty set to 186C, the lower temperatures ensure more of the good stuff is left in the AVB.

• Like 3