BioCanna Vega NPK values changed!

jayharper

I had some deficiency issues when switching from HPS to LED, most of them was most likely due to the light change but not all! When throwing out some nutrients bottles today I noticed the new bottles have different NPK values.

BioCanna Vega that expires May 2020 has NPK of 3.5 / 1 / 5.5

New bottle that expires Aug 2023 has NPK of 2 / 1 / 5

So anyone using BioCanna and is still using the old bottles, beware the lack of N in the new stuff!

BioFlores NPK is still the same at 2 / 2 / 5

Edited by jayharper

If that is the case, which I don't doubt as lots of companies change their formula regularly, you can amend by making teas. I make nettle tea by soaking nettles for four weeks in a bucket then sieving out the liquid. It's then quite concentrated so I mix some in when watering. It has lots of nitrogen and also silicon which is good for the structure of your plants. Makes cell walls stronger which is good for those train wreck type varieties with spindly stems that don't support heavy flowers so well. You have to be careful not to over do it as a massive increases in certain nutrients mean that other nutrients may get taken up less, so I'll do intermittently like every third watering or whatever, something like that. Banana tea is good a couple of times in flower. Have a look at teas mate. For the cost of those bottled nutes, you're probably throwing good stuff you can use as teas out in the household waste.

One of the jobs i did recently, the lady had alpacas so I took a load of the rotted down alpaca shit and mixed it up with comfrey. Plants never looked healthier but now I'm running out of poo!

Whatever teas you make, try and vary them in terms of what contents you use so that you're not overloading on certain nutrients at the expense of others. And if you're growing in compost, this should be a bit more forgiving. Hard to fuck up tbf.

Edited by Mestizo