Cuttings under led

i have a heated propagator i stand cutting or seedlings in, i find it a little to warm sat on the bottom so i stand plants on a upside down tray, cuttings and seedlings grow well under a kingbo 600 led, is also ok for flowering a couple of plants

I’m running my ts1000 (150w) at 50% and it’s just about right for my verging plants.

put my seedlings in at the edge of the tent and they came up no bother

got a heat mat in there too but turned it off as everything started to stretch 

Edited by K71
On 06/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, Ledhead said:

Ok, cheers for info, will look into a heat mat.

Yep. Heat mat for cuttings or seedlings is the way to go they are fairly cheap and don't use much electric. When flowering I put a green house tube heater between the pots to keep root temps up when lights are out.

• 5 weeks later...

maybe a mute question, but do you have a fan in there?    im going to have problems keeping my tent up to a reasonable temp at night time, i thinkim going to have the bottom half intotal darkness for my photo black domina cbd and the top half as 24/0 for my seedsman 30-1 cbd/thc auto.

im going for a 7" fan that blows the top tent heat down and around the bottom first and the heat can be blown around the rest.

but thays with an hps sory.  you have led, dont know what temp that would keep your tent up to.  interesting to find out.

my ts600's would (one of them)  keep a decent ish heat at 104 watts power output..

but i put my pots into yet another soil filled pot to keep the roots and pot warmer.  you may wish to try one and see how well it works

• 2 weeks later...

one trick i use is to place the smaller clone or seedling pot into a larger one with soil packed arround it.  that seems to keep them warm enough to root nicely or to germinate nicelyvtoo