Bio bizz...Bugs?

TrashPanda13

Hey guys, been growing in soil for around 7 years off and on.

Done autos and photos, never had a problem with bugs at all.

Iv recently tried to "up my game" and use "proper" soil so went for bio bizz all mix, done 3 different runs with it from different batches and iv had fungus nats (my fault i believe) spider mites and now aphids. Is it possible its the soil?

Thinking of switching to coco or going hydro (wilma with clay balls) but dont know much about it yet.

Is this a common thing with bio bizz soil? Is there better soil i can use?

THe only time I had issues with nats was really early on when I tried using compost from gardening center, since I switched to canna specific compost the only time I've had issues with pests (thrips twice and mites once) have been my own fault.

1 hour ago, TrashPanda13 said:

Hey guys, been growing in soil for around 7 years off and on.

Done autos and photos, never had a problem with bugs at all.

Iv recently tried to "up my game" and use "proper" soil so went for bio bizz all mix, done 3 different runs with it from different batches and iv had fungus nats (my fault i believe) spider mites and now aphids. Is it possible its the soil?

Thinking of switching to coco or going hydro (wilma with clay balls) but dont know much about it yet.

Is this a common thing with bio bizz soil? Is there better soil i can use?

Use Tropic Bat Mix. Great stuff

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 1

I've got a lot of gnats mainly from the all mix soil I think, they do seem to love it, having the fly paper up in the top 4 corners of my tent seems to keep a handle on it, I've watched them they all eventually fly to the corners I've tried fly paper in other places but doesn't seem to work as well or catch as many, be nice not to have any at all but quite enjoying the allmix

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Westland Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost with 4 Months Feed for every grow, had gnats the first two runs, but once i learnt how to properly do wet and dry cycles never had them since.

• Like 1

i have had this in bio all mix, kinda depends on how supply stores it i suppose.

anyway turn up the fans at pot level and they cannot fly and soon die off be sure to not over water at all, if you think its time to water leave it an extra day. this helps to kill the larvae.

• Like 1