Best system for a 2.4mx2.4m tent?

tapsumbong

Hi Guys,

So as the title suggests what would be the best system for a 2.4m tent with 4 x 600w hps air cooled lights.

Something relatively cheap to set up and suited more towards SOG style for speed of turn around.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Have you looked at the trompf blumats watering system?

I've seen some people use them on here with fantastic results,

see @blackpoolbouncer diaries to see them in action :yep:

If I ever decide to automate my watering it's at the top of my list :D 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

2 x GT901 NFT tanks 12 plants in each :yep:

So 24 plants in total to fill the whole tent?

• Dimensions: L 208cm x W 50cm x H 20cm

the width is only 50cm so sorry if its a stupid question but how would the two tanks be positioned in the tent and would 1 600w light still go in each quarter of the tent?

Dont over complicate things by having crazy systems, i been doing this 13 years and still water my plants with a pump and a watering lance

I use medusa trays with the brain to remove the run off but that was only recently, i used to hoover my run off with a wet vac

34 minutes ago, tapsumbong said:

So 24 plants in total to fill the whole tent?

• Dimensions: L 208cm x W 50cm x H 20cm

the width is only 50cm so sorry if its a stupid question but how would the two tanks be positioned in the tent and would 1 600w light still go in each quarter of the tent?

Oh the title says 2.4 x 2.4 tent :wacko: The larger GT tanks are 53mm wide so wouldn’t fit, you could squeeze a smaller 604 one in there they’re 45cm wide.
If you’re going to grow in hydro you will need quality ec and ph meters which is extra cost.

I don’t know what experience you have, but NFT is a piece of piss to maintain. If you want to get your feet wet (scuse the pun) with hydro it’s pretty straightforward and nice and clean :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

Oh the title says 2.4 x 2.4 tent :wacko: The larger GT tanks are 53mm wide so wouldn’t fit, you could squeeze a smaller 604 one in there they’re 45cm wide.
If you’re going to grow in hydro you will need quality ec and ph meters which is extra cost.

I don’t know what experience you have, but NFT is a piece of piss to maintain. If you want to get your feet wet (scuse the pun) with hydro it’s pretty straightforward and nice and clean :)

Yeah i hear you,

I was looking at the BluLab ph meters and ec stick would you recommend those?

I was looking at the Autopot Easy2Grow 16 x15l pot system

any thoughts on this?

I can't help with choice really im a scrogger so just 1 big bitch at a time but I agree with others about hydro it isn't a big scary monster it's far less work than people believe in my experience. I'm a hydro grower who couldn't grow a plant in soil if he tried :bong: jumped in the deep end and no regrets. 

Iv been considering a small sog area and I think for myself a flood and drain is what will be the easiest but it's a new area to me sog. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zen-ken said:

A few pots and a bag of coco/perlite 

A watering can and some trays 

lol

this is the easiest option,

im with Ken, go with say 16 x 10 litre pots of coco, run to waste, fed off a dripper manifold. 

• Like 2

On 06/12/2020 at 8:19 PM, tapsumbong said:

I was looking at the BluLab ph meters and ec stick would you recommend those?

I only have the Blulab EC meter,but it's quality,and comes with a 5 year guarantee. My first lasted about 9 years. Recommended.

• 7 months later...

Really depends on you there’s so much choice out there if you want a hydro system that’s cheap I guess nft is your only choice for that size personally I like having the flexibility of being able to move things around so I don’t use nft atm.