EC dropping PH rising

spillage

I feel like an idiot asking this but its my first grow so everyday is a learning curve.

LSD, Wedding Cake, Glookies

Running NFT

Base EC 0

Ionic grow/bloom

My tank is roughly holding 50lt.

Mix is 1.4 - 1.6 and PH 5.5.

Second week of flower and on a 50/50 mix.

On day one I add a full mix and it is topped up with a 50% mix when needed. Then changed at day 7.

Today (day 5) the PH had gone to 6.3 and the EC 0.4 and the water had gone down as usual about 10-20lt. Second week in flower.

I added 15lt of full mix but dropped the PH a bit more to bring the main tank down to about 5.7. EC is now at 0.8.

Should I just add small amount of stronger nute mix to bring the EC up more or will it be okay. I am not sure how low you can allow the EC to fall.

From what I have read I maybe need to increase my mix on day one. Next new mix will be with Ionic flower only so I do not know yet how the EC PH will change.

So far I am keeping it between 19 and 22 using frozen bottles. Also using silver bullet all the way through to help with higher temps as I can't afford a chiller.

EC had not dropped this much before and not sure how much you can let it can drop before it's becomes a problemo orif you just add a full strength dose or higher.

Yep..up your ec by .2  and observe.

If the same happens up it by the same again next refill.

With ionic though @ full strength (7ml/L) the ec is around 1.6?

Some plants are just hungry...

As long as your ec is dropping and ph rising your not far off.

Just watch for them slowing down on the feed around week 6 or so and reduce as nessecery

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 2