[NEW] €500 for the best diary of the competition in UK420

Sweet Seeds Apolo

16.png

This year we are introducing a new feature to the competition. We are going to give out €500 for the best diary of the competition of each forum
That is, the best diary of each forum will receive €500.

This year if you are not the best of the whole competition, but you are evaluated as the best of your forum, you are going to have a good prize guaranteed. 

What happens if you are the best in your forum and win the contest too?
Well, you get that extra €500 as well.

The prizes will be distributed in the different forums:

500€ --> ForumSweetSeeds* Best diary

500€ ---> La Marihuana Best diary

500€---> Cannabiscafe Best diary

500€---> Uk420 Best diary

500€---> Enjoint Best diary

500€---> ICMag Best diary

Remember that...
The winner of the global contest has a prize of €3.000, which consists of: the €2.500 for the global competition and the €500 for the best diary of the forum where he/she participates.

Conditions
1. The diary must be finished at the end of the contest. 
2. The user/diary must comply with the competition rules. 
3. The prize can be accumulated with other prizes.
*In ForumSweetSeeds the prize is for both Spanish and English participation, so the best of both sections will be the winner.

Good luck to all!

20.png
attachment.php?attachmentid=3332&d=15996
Edited by Sweet Seeds Apolo
  • Like 20

This new twist to the competition is very kind of Sweet seeds indeed!

Big up “Sweet Seeds”

and good luck luck to all!

:skin_up:

• Like 4

incredibly generous offer to the entrants .

im fairly sure you are all safe from me this year lol .

• Like 10

Sorry yes i am thick and have read this over and over lol forgive me but i am still confused.

6 forums, 1 overall winner €2500. 

All 6 forums have a 1st place €500.

All 6 forums have a 2nd place €1000.

Guess I'm aiming for a 2nd place?  lol

or is this mention of €500  per forum winner to be added to the €500 1st place of each forum? Thus, bringing the 1st place finish of each forum to €1000?

• Like 2

On 03/12/2020 at 3:46 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

im fairly sure you are all safe from me this year lol .

26 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

@Resonance  im going for the full set of wooden cutlery this year ..money pfft .id only waste it on seeds .

Doesn't look like it mate..but good luck : P

• Like 3

On 05/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, Resonance said:

Sorry yes i am thick and have read this over and over lol forgive me but i am still confused.

or is this mention of €500  per forum winner to be added to the €500 1st place of each forum? Thus, bringing the 1st place finish of each forum to €1000?

Cheers mate! :yep:

Thanks for your post, it will help us to clarify this better to everyone.

First of all, it's not 6 forums in the competition. It's 4 forums (UK420, EnJoint, ICMag and ForumSweetSeeds)

Now lets take last year's final results as an example that I'm sure will make it easier to understand for everyone. 

1st Place -> Tokenroll (UK420)

2nd Place -> Jadenugs (UK420)

3rd Place -> delagdo (UK420)

4th Place -> Shire (UK420)

5th Place -> Badbillybob (UK420)

6th Place -> Inspiration101 (UK420)

7th Place -> Exhale (UK420)

8th Place -> Keribolla (EnJoint)

9th Place -> ElTigre (ICMag)

10th Place -> Openairbud (UK420)

Tokenroll won the 1st prize, 3000€. This year the 1st prize is 2500€. But with the best diary of the forum (which he obviously had) this year he would win the same 3000€. This is explained in the competition rules, here: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/412179-7th-sweet-seeds®-grow-diary-competition/

It goes like this: "The first prize (€ 3,000.00) is the total of the € 500.00 prize for the best grow diary of the forum where he participates, added to the € 2,500.00 prize for being the "global" winner of the contest"

All the other growers from UK420 would have won exactly the same prize last year if this feature of the contest was already implemented.

So, where is the difference?

The difference (and the real reason why we decided to implement this feature) would be in the 8th place, Keribolla from EnJoint and in the 9th place, ElTigre from ICMag.

Keribolla would have won 700€ instead of 200€. ElTigre would have won for his final prize 650€ instad of 150€.

So, in conclusion, this extra feature is meant to bring more enthusiasm in forums where there is fewer participation and where the grow diaries are not of the same level of the ones here at UK420, where you guys have these competitions running since 2009 and already developed a higher level of participation.

In EnJoint and ICMag no one had doubts about the effects of this feature. Here at UK420, it's normal that you guys have doubts.

In the other forums now they feel like even though all the good prizes go to growers from UK420, the best of their forum will still get at least 500 euros independently of the quality standards at the other competing forums.

I hope I was clear enough and this helps you understand this new feature. If there is still any doubt, please inform me and I'll try to explain this better.

Kind regards and sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 5

On 05/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, Resonance said:

One more thing. The line that I marked bold in your comment is not correct. Not all 4 forums have a 2nd place €1000. The 2nd place is also overall for all the 4 forums. All the final prizes are "overall prizes" for all the growers competing with each other independently of the forum where the diary is shared.

So, if the first prize goes to UK420, that winner gets €3000 (€2500 for the best diary of the overall contest + €500 for the best diary at UK420). And if the 2nd prize goes to EnJoint, that grower gets €1500 (€1000 for the 2nd best diary of the overall contest + €500 for the best diary at EnJoint).

With this, if you aim for the 2nd place, you always get anywhere between 1/2 and 1/3 of the final prize you would get for the 1st place.

Sweet smokes :yep:

tommy

• Like 5