No till end of cycle top dress options

ukbudz

So just a couple of quick ones for the no till growers. I have just came to the end of a cycle and I cant decide to top dress with just the neem, kelp and charge I already have or to bite the bullet and grab either some life cycle from ecothrive or indoor organics mix. also seen guano kalong do a mix as well called gk organics and there bat guano black which is pelletised guano and humic acids though I've always been wary of guano due to heavy metals.

Also do I need to add vermicompost on the top after every crop or can I leave it this round, I have worm bins so its not a problem getting any its just that I've only got about a inch left till the soil will be level with the top of the pot. 

Cheers in advance :hippy:

how old is the soil/how many runs has it had?

haven't heard many good things about the indoor organics stuff and its pretty overpriced but if you just want convenience then worth trying i guess....

used to use the gk stuff a while ago but cant say I've noticed any drop off since not using them and sticking to mostly......kelp, alfalfa, green it neem meal, rockdust, calcified seaweed, gypsum and comfrey pellets......i try to guess the weight of what I've taken out to smoke and add the same in dry ammendements.....roughly:yep:

• Like 3

@buddy13 it's only done 2.5 runs since April, don't ask about the half lol.

I think I'll just leave the premade stuff then and grab a few separate amendments if the indoor organic stuff is not that good. The gk stuff is pretty pricey as well. I've used ecothrive life cycle in the past but haven't noticed the lack of it this run.

Thanks for that little tip mate never thought of balancing inputs that way :realcool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukbudz said:

it's only done 2.5 runs

if you keep up with the balanced amendments, I've found that this is when your living soil should really take off:yep:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

get some comfry liquid, itsa complete feed solution but not ballanced if i remember correctly. mix 15 to 1 water/comfrey

borage liguid works too same as comfrey 15-1

or make a tea from worm casts, compost to feed with. i highly recomend the comfrey liquid, its up there with guano/wormcast and compost teas

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get something called "Bloom2" from Living Soil - it acts as a topdress and I tend to put that on my girls when they're starting to swell into bud. I've had to learn to do it CAREFULLY as I mostly grow autos and I burned one of my plants with it. But it seems to work nicely. I'd definitely like to hear what more experienced growers think of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissusRhapsody said:

I managed to get something called "Bloom2" from Living Soil - it acts as a topdress and I tend to put that on my girls when they're starting to swell into bud. I've had to learn to do it CAREFULLY as I mostly grow autos and I burned one of my plants with it. But it seems to work nicely. I'd definitely like to hear what more experienced growers think of it.

Have you got a diary up mate? Would like to see how you get on

No, sorry - I keep track of my growing offline. Don't have the confidence to put what I'm doing up anywhere, but that may change. I've been working on building my own soil blend for indoors, and after years of mucking about in dirt, I'm mostly satisfied with what I've managed to get so far by using ingredients I can get most places. I bought the Bloom2 to see what it did and if I could replace my liquid nutrients, and so far find it's pretty good, provided I am sparing with it and water it in well. I've only had to apply it the once - I applied weekly in the past and that was an error!