Topping then some more

Firstimegrower_420

Im just wondering say you want to harvest your plant in stages and you start reducing the EC to 0.2 and then you take the top buds and main colas but leave the lower buds to develop fir another couple of weeks, is it OK to increase the EC back up aroumd 0.8/9 or would the lower EC be enough for them to do what they need bearing in mind most feed in the pot and plant has been used up? 

I don't really want to cut the whole plant when I've so many fresh buds just getting there beneath the canopy but no quite sure how to go about it 

Any advice appreciated 

How long you think those lower buds would have to run to develop into anytthing worthwhile?  If it's a couple of weeks, and you're only looking at a small handful of popcorn bud, it might be worth just taking the lot down, and using that time towards the next crop instead.

Lower buds often don't amount to squat, just a thought like.

To answer you on feeding, I don't think it matters what stage of a plants life cycle it's at, if it's hungry...feed it, if it aint...don't. :)