Biobizz allmix/issues

Treb

Hey guy's, only been growing for last 8 months or so growing auto's, been fine up until recently I've been kinda holding off posting for help as wanted to experience issues myself and just browse for advice on the threads all over the net, I've solved most issues as I started growing with Coco and the ghe flora, not had many issues probably apart from not giving enough nutes this last run.

I've been trying different mediums Coco, clay pebbles/Coco and compost/Coco and now the biobizz allmix.

Since playing around I've found growing auto's is ok to get you started but definitely moving in to photoperiod from now on, I've got all autos mainly with 1 photo I've just started, got 8 in the tent using the mars hydro 2000, in a 1.5 by 1.5 tent.

1 og auto in Coco

1 og auto in allmix

1 northern lights X big bud in Coco

1 northern lights X big bud in allmix

1 strawberry pie in allmix

1 night queen auto in Coco

1 purple lemonade in Coco

1 lava freeze photo, seedling in allmix

All the autos are like between 4 to 6 weeks old some are flowering and some are just about to.

As you can see I'm experimenting a liitle

Ok 4 are in Coco which are ok ISH, but I'm having issues with the 3 in the biobizz allmix.

Theres a strawberry pie auto I'm mainlining which has nitrogen issues, but nothing serious.

I've a northern lights X big bud I've got in flower and has been super cropped and LST, and I've removed lower growth, this has issues but think it's getting better.

The one I need to discuss is the og auto in allmix.

If I start from the beginning will be easier, so all seemed fine during veg infact better than any of my other grows by miles, I'm guessing this is the benifits of growing in soil, really lush growth, the only issue was, maybe the lights were too close but it was on 50% and like 30inches away, the plant was really kinda small vertically but bushy as hell, was lovely green not too green,

As I've been growing with synthetic nutes, after doing some research I suddenly realised I shouldn't use those nutes on the allmix as decided to go organic after reading alot in several forums, it could mess up the micro organisms etc.

Soo decided to grab the entire biobizz range as the soil was amazing.

Thing is the og started flowering same time as the northern lights X big bud did, almost right away they started to go a lighter green, I'm guessing as they needed more potassium I think but I'm not sure, I hadn't fed them anything apart from filtered rain water for like 5 weeks, a week longer than I should have, while I waiting on the biobizz nutes to arrive, so I panicked a little and decided to give them molasses which I had and some calmag only, I think I really over did it as very next day they showed signs of overwatering, (first time this has happened with all my grows)

The northern lights X big bud bounced back but is still very light green, however I've fed this and it appears to be getting better.

The OG ! Is really poorly, it didn't bounce back at all, so it's been drying out for 8 days, in a 5 gallon pot, still poorly after 10 days, so I've starting to worry about it, I read it might be a good idea to repot which I did but I kinda took it out of the pot then re packed with some Coco at the bottom hoping it would help draw out the mosture this was done 4 days ago, still not bounced back, I had ordered some air circle things for hydro setup which I've not started yet, now I know the roots are not getting enough air as I think what has happened is the molasses has all got around the roots and really messed it up, I put a big massive table spoon in 2 litres and chucked it in, I'm in 2 minds to just bin it but kinda determined to get it through, so what did last night was repot it but I layered some allmix on the bottom of the pot then I put the air circle in the pot I then took the plant, and put it on the air stone, I had watered like the night before to see if it was time but it clearly wasn't, however ! It appears to be picking up I think the air stone is working believe it or not, was my last attempt at trying to help it, so my big question is what should I do and what should I feed it with ?

I've not been giving any salts and I've only just read this in old timers thread on biobizz feed schedule.

I was wondering maybe just a alg a mic watering or do I wait longer for it to dry out further, I'll post some pictures of how it's currently looking which is way better than a few days ago

Ohh the temp in the tent is pretty steady at around 26 degrees, night time is 20, current RH is between 45 and 50 I've got a few fans blowing around and a filter kit and fan, there's a dehumidifier in there as the normal RH is around 60 to 70 all the time surrounding the tent

I did give it a fishmix,acti vera, calmag folia spray like twice in last 4 days, I did this to all the plants they all seemed to love it 

Can't seem to upload any pics, I'll see how to do this

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's mainly the og, tho the northern lights X big bud is light green I think it may need salts, but not sure

I know for sure I think these pots might be slightly too big .... Not sure again in that 

I will be potting up from now on with photos seems the way forward

I neglected to mention that I did also super crop the og and I didn't break anything but I did crack a few stems which I taped.

Edited by Treb
Added some extra ibfo

Once you get pics up im sure your questions will be answered, sounds to me its time for some NPK.

also need more info on kit used.

You need to resize the image and make pics under 1mb each. Then upload to gallery, then insert images from the "insert other media" tab. Its a bit a faff compared to other forum formats but it works once you get used to it.

Edited by ben42
  • Like 1

Thanks Ben for that, worked it out.

This is the og auto in allmix, I did actually add more perlite in but not loads probably a few handfuls.

Ok I also forgot to mention I think we have a fungus issue, I've defoliated more than I wanted too, difficult to say if it fungus issues, leaves going yellow with brown spots, I've got no pictures as I've already feed those leaves to the rabbits lol, in the pictures they actually look better than they do, here's the of, and air stone I put in the pot and the nurse schedule I was planning to use, I'll be folia spraying too alg a mic, didn't know to put that in the water too when I do a mix, ohh the clay pebbles on top there's hardly any in the pot like a handful that got mixed last time I repotted, I figured it wouldn't hurt as clearly gasping for air.

Also looks like some heat stress too, light is 100% now at 30 inches I think I'll need to double check that figure tho could be higher possiblylarge.20201129_013527.jpglarge.20201129_013504.jpglarge.20201129_013403.jpglarge.20201129_013328.jpglarge.20201129_013207.jpglarge.20201129_013246.jpg

Edited by Treb
Added some extra info

large.20201129_021214.jpglarge.20201129_021156.jpglarge.20201129_021135.jpglarge.20201129_021119.jpglarge.20201129_021105.jpgOk here's the northern lights X big bud in soil, some nute burn after last feed, first time really had a little like on the tips but nothing serious, the pictures show some leaves you see possibly with fungus ? It's the one in the middle I should probably take some pictures of the super cropping sites few have like holes or but seems healed, I do wonder if there's infections going on, have knats but not infested I've got fly paper up, they seem to like to fly into the corners of the tent. 

Although this one appears to be getting better you see on the right it's starting to get greener so I think this one will be ok.

This one also seemed to love being super cropped so I did it twice as it has a 10 week flower period, I've actually done the main stem 3 times. These pics taken just before sleep and lights off, been looking really happy last week or so. Getting the praying leaves alot, last feed had the 4 week feed on my schedule posted above.

large.20201129_015439.jpglarge.20201129_015331.jpg

Edited by Treb
Edit

And here's the strawberry pie I've mainlined, leaving it at 8 colas stems, not overly concerned about this one, the nitrogen is clearly quite high in the soil, not really fed this one much other than rain water, did give it a light fed and this happened, it's been really really green like deep green colour, it did have huge fan leaves, lower down removed those a week ago, Im concerned the same thing may occur on this one, but stuck on what to feed, looks like pistals have just started coming out, in the new growth, but due to the N absorption on this one, guessing keep the N out of it so do I just give it bloom ? And the other stuff, sorry for posting so much, was fine during veg on all plants, soon as it was time to feed it's gone wrong, most of the other plants are ok in the Coco but not amazing, I'm definitely leaning towards organic now, I'm open to suggestions, quite keen on a fully hydro setup going forward but maybe next year, wanna get the soil downlarge.20201129_021831.jpglarge.20201129_021804.jpg

the ones that are yellowing in the allmix soil, give them 2ml grow and 2ml bloom, in soil using bio bizz you need to be feeding a little bio bizz grow and bloom in flower to stop them yellowing from lack of nitrogen. as the bio bizz bloom nutes aint got enough nitrogen in for flower on its own.

the coco plants its a different ball game altogether , as in coco you dont want the coco drying out between waterings, unlike soil where you need a wet/dry watering cycle. so its gonna be different waterings for each medium. next grow stick to just one method, the one your best at growing with at the end of this crop. all the best with it:yinyang:

s1:skin_up:

• Like 1

@smokie1 b c f c cheers for that fella, was just typing out something similar when you saved me a type :)

I think the top photo with droppy leaves could be a bit over-watered, what do you think here?

Good call on coco watering schedule as well - I too often forget the wet/dry doesn't work for coco :yep:

• Like 1

Just now, unity said:

@smokie1 b c f c cheers for that fella, was just typing out something similar when you saved me a type :)

I think the top photo with droppy leaves could be a bit over-watered, what do you think here?

Good call on coco watering schedule as well - I too often forget the wet/dry doesn't work for coco :yep:

hi there. yep overwatering probably, i used to grow in coco when it first came out treating it like soil letting it dry out, got organic yields, then went to watering more frequent in coco, and got bigger plants and bigger yields too. :yinyang:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Treb said:

And here's the strawberry pie I've mainlined, leaving it at 8 colas stems, not overly concerned about this one, the nitrogen is clearly quite high in the soil, not really fed this one much other than rain water, did give it a light fed and this happened, it's been really really green like deep green colour, it did have huge fan leaves, lower down removed those a week ago, Im concerned the same thing may occur on this one, but stuck on what to feed, looks like pistals have just started coming out, in the new growth, but due to the N absorption on this one, guessing keep the N out of it so do I just give it bloom ? And the other stuff, sorry for posting so much, was fine during veg on all plants, soon as it was time to feed it's gone wrong, most of the other plants are ok in the Coco but not amazing, I'm definitely leaning towards organic now, I'm open to suggestions, quite keen on a fully hydro setup going forward but maybe next year, wanna get the soil downlarge.20201129_021831.jpglarge.20201129_021804.jpg

Keep us updated on your progress, im using the same Biobizz nutes in home made organic compost, growing 6 autos. 

Despite the few little problems they are looking good. 

Edited by ben42

I'm going to feed the og today and see what happens, half of the recommended nutes on my schedule, I also added in some seaweed, fingers crossed, she is looking much better today honestly, Ive messed it up in so many ways, after reading around in the forum, allmix for autos right off seemed ok but the soils too hot for them, probably better off in a light mix and start feeding slower after 2 or 3 weeks maybe, then maybe pot up, I know some say to go into final pots from the get go, photoperiod all the way next grow, you've got more control and clearly bigger yeilds, maybe having the odd auto around now and then, read up on potting up seems the way forward.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 0:36 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

the ones that are yellowing in the allmix soil, give them 2ml grow and 2ml bloom, in soil using bio bizz you need to be feeding a little bio bizz grow and bloom in flower to stop them yellowing from lack of nitrogen. as the bio bizz bloom nutes aint got enough nitrogen in for flower on its own.

the coco plants its a different ball game altogether , as in coco you dont want the coco drying out between waterings, unlike soil where you need a wet/dry watering cycle. so its gonna be different waterings for each medium. next grow stick to just one method, the one your best at growing with at the end of this crop. all the best with it:yinyang:

s1:skin_up:

I think that's exactly what it is, i had been watering less frequently with the soil but obviously too often, I'm trying around once a week in the soil for now keeping an eye on it, the ones in Coco are fine I'm having to water more frequently almost every day ATM, actually 1 is og and the other northern lights and they are looking pretty good  

I actually already tried that amount and got nute burn, so last feed I tried half, we'll see how they do, I'm keen to go organic if I'm honest, but still comparing 

17 minutes ago, Treb said:

I think that's exactly what it is, i had been watering less frequently with the soil but obviously too often, I'm trying around once a week in the soil for now keeping an eye on it, the ones in Coco are fine I'm having to water more frequently almost every day 

It takes a little longer to root out a compost pot compared to coco, but when you have you should still be watering regularly. Letting pots get too dry with soil when rooted ain't necessary chap. 

18 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

It takes a little longer to root out a compost pot compared to coco, but when you have you should still be watering regularly. Letting pots get too dry with soil when rooted ain't necessary chap. 

Right ok I get ya, so not too dry before watering again, thanks dude