Flushing valve?

custard ears

Just picked up my new topspinner system.

They have included a flushing valve! Where does it go on the system! Obviously no instructions.... 

My last topspinner didn’t come with this, is it required?

Thanks 

double post sorry

Edited by custard ears

Set up system without using valve last night, all good till I turned them off and they just keep dripping. How do I stop this? 

put a tee in line, and run it back to the res, will stop it self syphoning, no idea about the flushing valve, sorry

Edited by badbillybob

5 hours ago, badbillybob said:

put a tee in line, and run it back to the res, will stop it self syphoning, no idea about the flushing valve, sorry

After some google bashing I think the flushing valve (that’s what written on it) is actually a anti siphon valve!

Do they work? Anybody use them? Does it matter where in line it goes, after the filter and before the drippers?

i dont really know, because ive never used this system, but i would imagine at the highest point of the line from pump to drippers.

Have a look on youtube, its usually a good reference for these things. theres usually someone who has posted up a vid of thier set ups. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 0:21 AM, custard ears said:

Set it up put the valve higher than the tank and it works a treat.....

Cancel that...

Flushing valve/anti-siphon valve has just failed, obviously in a floodtastic style!

Will running a pipe back to reservoir still work when using top spinners?

I would have to put a line in before topspinners and run back to tank?

Edited by custard ears